All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NEWS: GameEx 11.63

Tom Speirs

19th March, 2011 - GameEx 11.63

For game card users multiple game played statistics are now stored on the server. This will allow me to add profiles to game cards and build in some social networking features.

The GameExtender internal web server is now multi threaded.

I am getting the same thing as well.. here is a snippet of my log file that shows what I was suspecting is causing the repeated loop. GameEx is still showing the version as 11.62 even after I downloaded the program and performed an install instead of update:

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: GameEx: Version 11.62: Starting Log

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: Operating System Platform: Win32NT

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: Operating System Name: Windows Vista

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: Operating System Version: 6.1.7601

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: Aero running

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: Initializing Vista/Windows 7 volume control

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: Checking for versions of .net Framework installed

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: .net Framework 2.0 Installed

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: .net Framework 3.0 Installed

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: .net Framework 3.5 Installed

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 8126MB

22:33:33.9 3/19/2011: 2.39Ghz - 4 Cores or CPU's

I confirmed that the version in the gameex.ini was also showing 11.62:

[internal]

csv=C:\GameEx\config\config.csv

ini=C:\GameEx\config\gameex.ini

MAMEEXE=

windowed=True

version=11.62

timesruncount=3

startpagethumbscount=26

I went so far as to try tricking the program by changing the value in the gameex.ini to 11.63, but it still registers as 11.62 in the log file. For now, just going to disable auto-update feature until the cause can be determined.

It should have stopped now as the server is down. Seems Ive lost a hard drive. However the auto update issue was down to me uploading an old version by mistake.

Ill fix everything as soon as I can.

Thanks again Tom!

All sites appear to be up and running and 11.63 installed again, but this time without looping. Also Gamer Cards working again as well. Thanks for the quick fix, Tom!

Thanks Tom! My only request on this is maybe to remove the outer glow on the GameEx logo as it looks a little grainy. Maybe it's just me?

@Krakermane Yes your right. Fixed now. The reason it got messed up is because I moved ALL GameEx source and projects to an SVN server I am hosting and I still needed to change a few paths. It was a good thing to do as it got things a lot more organsised and a good side effect is someone else has access in the event something unforseen happens to me and I become out of action. Although best not to talk about things like that ;)

Also I awoke to find a hard disk dissapeared from my server. It seemed to come back after reboout but I need to run some checks on it and potentially replace.

I guess the bottom line is there is always stuff going on in the background even if it does not seem like it!

This will allow me to add profiles to game cards and build in some social networking features.

Skinning the game card would be pwn! :)

No idea how you might impliment that though...

Ha! Connectivity with the games db is a great idea! So it would be similar to the way Live connects to MAME games, except we'd make a profile for ourselves on the GamesDB website?

Im still working out the details but like I said there will be interactivity between users and the games they are playing. The profiles and interactivity will be hosted and take place at GameEx.com via extension of the existing "Game Card" profile (it already captures users, passwords and the games people play) with links and hooks into Gamesdbase.com for info about the games themselves. ie the interaction, statistics, list sharing and profiles will take place at gameex.com with game specific info taking place at gamesdbase.com