All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Ultra 64 (KI1&2)

Krakerman

Got it to work in win 7, but how do you setup in GameEx? (Using v3.11)

Only simple solution I could come up with was to have 2 executable files. One for KI and one for KI2. It's stated in the readme included with the emulator. So copy the u64emu.exe to u64emu2.exe and setup that one for KI2. When running it always remembers the last rom loaded so no other easy way of launching a game except with maybe a wrapper. So setup as mentioned and you can run both games from command line using the following:

u64emu.exe -auto

or:

u64emu2.exe -auto

Sorry if not clear on that. If you're confused on it then let me know and I'll try to be more thorough. :P

Edit: After searching there seems to have been a wrapper for this emu. But for the life of me it's a hard one to find since no longer posted on the authors site. Talk about it can be found here at GameEx or even over at the byoac forums. There are many talented scriptors here at GameEx that could help you if not wanting to go the route I mentioned above. I don't claim for that to be the only solution but it was the quickest one I could come up with without having to spend a lot of time on something I don't use. ;)

Your command line doesn't work. -auto does nothing it just runs the emu frontend but doesn't launch the game.

Ok. After reading it seems that I tested the normal version. Seems you're using the Platinum Edition. Just tested and as you mentioned, that parameter doesn't work. Let me test now that I have the same version as you. Will see what I can come up with.

Ok. After reading it seems that I tested the normal version. Seems you're using the Platinum Edition. Just tested and as you mentioned, that parameter doesn't work. Let me test now that I have the same version as you. Will see what I can come up with.

Ok. Only solution would be to use a wrapper for that particular version. There are 3 versions of that emulator. Only 2 that I have tested will have the capability I mentioned. I would say to use the Original version or the TnL edition. After reading forums of that version it seems that command-line support was not added but was by another user. Doesn't seem it was released. Since these emulators are no longer supported then not much else can be done other than creating a wrapper or use one of the other 2 versions with the instructions I gave earlier. Sorry.

OK I did as you said fRequEnCy, but I found a glitch with GameEx I think. I created 2 seperate emulators one for KI1 and one for KI2 like you said. I created a map file for each so it would list them like I want it too. I created a emulator group and put both of them in the group so it list it under GameEx as Ultra 64 for example. However when I open up that group it list my first one Killer Instinct 1 as ki even thou it is mapped to say Killer Instinct 1 and when you run it it runs Killer Instinct 2 game, but when you exit and try to run it again it corrects itself to say Killer Instinct 1 and not ki and runs as Killer Instinct 1 as it's suppose too. If that doesn't confuse you at all. Killer Instinct 2 works fine and list correctly in GameEx. Very strange not sure if it's a bug with GameEx or ????

BTW ...

I have each setup as Treat each as 1 PC, but that doesn't seem to matter. I even created to seperate directories for KI1 and KI2, but that doesn't matter either. I am using the older version of Ultra 64 like you said.

OK I did as you said fRequEnCy, but I found a glitch with GameEx I think. I created 2 seperate emulators one for KI1 and one for KI2 like you said. I created a map file for each so it would list them like I want it too. I created a emulator group and put both of them in the group so it list it under GameEx as Ultra 64 for example. However when I open up that group it list my first one Killer Instinct 1 as ki even thou it is mapped to say Killer Instinct 1 and when you run it it runs Killer Instinct 2 game, but when you exit and try to run it again it corrects itself to say Killer Instinct 1 and not ki and runs as Killer Instinct 1 as it's suppose too. If that doesn't confuse you at all. Killer Instinct 2 works fine and list correctly in GameEx. Very strange not sure if it's a bug with GameEx or ????

BTW ...

I have each setup as Treat each as 1 PC, but that doesn't seem to matter. I even created to seperate directories for KI1 and KI2, but that doesn't matter either. I am using the older version of Ultra 64 like you said.

Hmmmmm. I'll have to do some testing when I get a chance. Another solution would be just to create 2 link (lnk) files and name them how you want and then don't need to deal with an emulator group or a map file to list. Would be much cleaner that way. Just point them to your 2 executables that you created.