All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mame 0117 patches

headkaze

Okay I just tried patching my own compiled version and I get a 7MB patch file too. Oh well, I guess it doesn't work as well with dll's. It's still a possibility that the guy who compiles the versions on the site is using a different GCC version to the one they have there to download.

Brian I have a feeling you didn't make the patch correctly (or my program is failing for you). I created a patch here with your dll you sent me along with the original dll you also sent.

I get a 7MB patch, but you have a 1MB patch there. I don't see why your patch would be that size and mine another if were creating a patch from the same files.

Not sure what else to tell you. I guess you could send me your patched zip if you wanted. But not a big deal.

Brian I have a feeling you didn't make the patch correctly (or my program is failing for you). I created a patch here with your dll you sent me along with the original dll you also sent.

I get a 7MB patch, but you have a 1MB patch there. I don't see why your patch would be that size and mine another if were creating a patch from the same files.

Not sure what else to tell you. I guess you could send me your patched zip if you wanted. But not a big deal.

No big deal... I think we're stuck.

Im just happy I got it compiled successfully :)

Again Thanks Very Much :P

No big deal... I think we're stuck.

Im just happy I got it compiled successfully :)

Again Thanks Very Much :P

It's definately a skill worth having :) Now you can compile your own versions and remove the loading screens and disclaimers. Makes the cab a bit nicer that way I think.

Just a quick note, I noticed you have done the "make" to compile it. I recommend you trying "make I686=1" or "make P4=1" to get optimized versions for your processor. You can just compile them in the same folder as your current source code, it will keep the optimized versions separate. Eg. It will output mameppp.exe for Pentium Pro optimized version (I686), and mamepp4.exe for Pentium 4 optimized version (P4).

It's definately a skill worth having :) Now you can compile your own versions and remove the loading screens and disclaimers. Makes the cab a bit nicer that way I think.

Just a quick note, I noticed you have done the "make" to compile it. I recommend you trying "make I686=1" or "make P4=1" to get optimized versions for your processor. You can just compile them in the same folder as your current source code, it will keep the optimized versions separate. Eg. It will output mameppp.exe for Pentium Pro optimized version (I686), and mamepp4.exe for Pentium 4 optimized version (P4).

I'll give it a shot.. Thanks :)

I'am still a newbie at this

I'm just wondering if the lines that need to be modified in src\emu\ui.c are the same lines in every version of mame? eg. should it be the same in mame 118, 119 etc unless the mame team decide to change something?

If it is then it would be easy to write a quick program to modify the ui.c file with a click of a button

Stu

I'm just wondering if the lines that need to be modified in src\emu\ui.c are the same lines in every version of mame? eg. should it be the same in mame 118, 119 etc unless the mame team decide to change something?

If it is then it would be easy to write a quick program to modify the ui.c file with a click of a button

Stu

I have noticed changes been made over versions and so the method to skip has also changed.

• 1 month later...
I have written a little program that can create patches for Mame executables.

These patches need to be applied to the official Mame releases from mame.net namely either...

1. mame0117b.exe - Windows command line version of MAME 0.117

2. mame0117b_i686.exe - Windows command line version (Pentium Pro optimized) of MAME 0.117.

You need to extract the patch into your Mame folder using the appropriate patch for your version of Mame and run APPLYPATCH.BAT.

If all goes well it should give no error message.

If you are interested in the program I wrote to create the patches, you can read more about it here. I'm not going to be creating patches for other versions of Mame so maybe someone else who can compile Mame might like to provide patches for those.

DISCLAIMER: These are only patches, not Mame executables.

Skip disclaimer / loading screens FOR MAME32 0.114 ??

thanks