All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Amstrad CPC Config (winape)

hansolo77

BIG thx :) I'm surprised I have not seen it before...

No problem. Search feature can come in handy. :P

User submissions is a good place to start though since that's what it was designed for. Other stuff sometimes gets lost in the forums when not posted in the right section which is why I use search quite often. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Good to hear guys...and sorry for forgetting why the wrapper\loader was required in the first place...but on the bright side...at least it was improved a bit. :)

Can't find the wrapper download, the link return to the main forum page, can someone reup please

Thanks

Can't find the wrapper download, the link return to the main forum page, can someone reup please

Thanks

You needed to read further to get to the correct link - try here.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, been awhile since I created this thread. Having a bit of problem here. Since Nolo's stuff is all gone now, his loader isn't here anymore either. There was discussion of the new Loader that Tempest wrote, but I'm having trouble passing the rom through it. GameEx just "crashes" back to GameEx. The runitgame.bat file doesn't work either. I tried a command prompt and pasting the command line in, but it doesn't work for that either. I just skips down to the next command prompt. Is the loader not compatible with Windows 7, or 64-bit?

Nevermind, turns out it was because it was a bad DISK. WinApe didn't like it. I tried a few others, and they worked. :)

• 4 years later...

can someone please post game ex config file for winape thankyou

found the config... what folder should it be placed to be Imported

i tried E:\Emulators\GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS\IMPORT-EXPORT

but not in list

it has been a while

for the life of me i can't get winape to work with joystick inside or outside of gameex ... has anyone got a work config for it with joystick working... i spent about out 12 hours on it yesterday with no luck ... i can get games to load just no joystick help

what have i missed ?

Hey wobbly...

Sorry it's been a few days you've been troubled by this emulator. It seems like the closer you are, the farther you have to go. I took a look at my OP to see if I mentioned anything about setting up the joystick, but I guess I left it kind of vague. To be honest, it's been such a long time (10 years this year!) since I had set up this emulator, I don't remember how I configured it. Since I've got WinAPE configured to launch up into full screen, I don't remember how to bring up any configuring windows. However, I was able to load up into a text editor the WinAPE.ini file, which contains a lot of configuration information. There is a line in there "Joystick Enabled=true" that maybe you have to enable. I thought it might be available in some menu or something, but if not, simply editing that line to say "true" should at least enable it. As for configuring it to work with your controller, again I'm not going to be much help without being able to see a menu.

EDIT - SCRATCH ALL THAT

Ok, when you have the emulator running, you can right click to bring up the menus.. Go into Settings->Input. From there, you should be able to tick a box to ENABLE the Joystick. Now, on the keyboard displayed, click on the various buttons to "map" them to whatever key you want to use. Looking over my own configuration, it looks like what I had to do was map them to unused number-keypad buttons, and then configure GameEx to use Joy2Key to send those keys when I press the button on my controller. Make sure you SAVE your changes in the emulator (preferably as the default) and exit.

Hope that helps!

PS - I don't use the import-export feature of GameEx. It's too confusing for me. I just build a new emulator setup from scratch with a blank entry in the Wizard. When you import, you're essentially locking yourself into the configuration that the exporter had used. Sure, you can edit it to suit your needs, but if you're going to do that, why not just just use your own to begin with?

• Like 2