All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Turning off "bring to front" feature

Drybonz

Is your "other system" for vp9 set to system type "custom" or "Visual Pinball"? Try setting it to custom.

I myself would prefer for all of the "fixes" to have the option to be disabled, as its very frustrating to setup something in PBX, only to find that a workaround for another problem (that you don't need) is causing you issues.

Future Pinball, for me, is the only system that uses built-in support. All others are "other system" and set to "custom". This eliminated a lot of problems I had.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Thanks, Terry... it was, in fact, set to "visual pinball" so I just changed it to "custom" and hopefully that will fix it.  Good call.

I also would like to see things like this as options instead of hard coded fixes.

Don't forget we have a Features and Enhancements Request thread just for making this type of request. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say that I'm loving this feature either. I wound up having to move Visual Pinball to a custom system slot. Probably because I am having PinballX run a custom launcher that itself launches a bunch of helper apps. I recall there was mention of some dB2S backglasses not getting displayed in PinballX although everything runs fine outside of PinballX. In updating my launcher to run VPX in True Full Screen, I was running into the same issue. Weird bit, I mentioned in this post:

Weird thing - If a dB2S is really large and/or takes a long time to load, such as the one released with Fire! or the big fantasy one for Monster Bash, there winds up being some sort of a conflict with PinballX where B2SBackglassServerEXE.exe is shutdown or crashes. I don't know if it is a timing issue or resource conflict. But if Task Manager is running at the same time, then dB2S backglasses always load successfully. It's hacky, but without knowing what else to do at this point, I programmatically start Task Manager before launching Visual Pinball and then close it down when quitting the table.

This helped me with start up reliability not only with VPX but with VP9 tables that take a relatively long time to load such as Stern AC/DC PhysMod5.

I would not say that there is anything that you can do for me. I'm satisfied with what I have at this point. After all, this version of VPX is still in beta. Who knows what else will change? I've made it work for me by moving over to a custom system.

I feel like the dB2S server crashing or not loading for very large files is a different issue, related to timing or order of focus. It's just weird to me that I can solve it by running in parallel with Task Manager. Again, this may be because I'm running a script instead of VP directly. I've linked to it if you want to look, and I mention it because I recall that someone else was having a similar issue at some point. Maybe it was TerryRed.