All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

create video snaps

8trek

I've seen inside the start menu within gameex a pick for "creating video snaps" but after an uninstall re-install of latest and greatest i do not see this pick anymore.  Can someone fill me in on what the deal is with this missing function?

thanks.

Explanation of most Setup Wizard features can be found in the GameEx wiki. 

Also, if you are reporting an issue or difficulty with a function not showing, it is generally a good idea to provide a copy of your gameex.ini and log.txt files. 

Thanks! 

i think both of you think i'm describing a pick "inside gameex"... that's not what i'm saying.  I said " inside the start menu" within gameex which has nothing to do with the wizard.  In other words, in the program folders inside GameEx, inside the "Utilities" folder, there was a pick which read something to the affect of "create video snaps"... then you would be warned this would take a couple days, do you want to proceed, etc, etc.

thanks.

Since most features are either enabled or governed by actions made within the Setup Wizard, I do not believe we were far off in our initial assumptions based upon how you started your first post. You have to admit that "I've seen inside the start menu within gameex a pick for "creating video snaps" is a bit misleading. 

okay, admit easy to misunderstand each other.  Let me ask another way.... there was a selection i've seen in the past which allowed you to automatically create video snaps for all roms you have, it would warn you this might take 2 days, etc.  Does this feature still exist or was this featured removed at one point.  If it still exists where is it at?  "hide create snaps" is off but don't think this has anything to do with making "video" snaps.

okay... so guess the problem is i do not see this function anywhere now for some reason after a complete uninstall, reinstall, and updated my list.  after searching i found a comment about "temporarily disable and not use a database for the emulator" in order for this to appear.  Upon further searching for how to do this i've come up empty.  So next question i is what do i need to do to "temp disable and not use a database for the emulator"... whatever this means?

thanks again.

@8trek: along with your recent GameEx.ini files (as Draco1962 requested), it may be helpful if you could post a screenshot of where you saw that "temporarily disable and not use a database for the emulator" comment.

As for the Hide Create Snaps, it is in there. You just have to find it. There are several ways to use the Setup Wizard to find things. When you first run the Setup Wizard, it will give you 4 modes. Click Custom to show all of the configuration pages and then advance the page. Next check Enable\Disable Features and advance the page. Hide Create Snaps will be listed on the page. Make the change, then advance the page again and the change will be saved.

15 hours ago, RedDog said:

As for the Hide Create Snaps, it is in there. You just have to find it. There are several ways to use the Setup Wizard to find things. When you first run the Setup Wizard, it will give you 4 modes. Click Custom to show all of the configuration pages and then advance the page. Next check Enable\Disable Features and advance the page. Hide Create Snaps will be listed on the page. Make the change, then advance the page again and the change will be saved.

I know how to find settings and i know what you're talking about,... that is not the issue.  I have that setting set to "NO".  I'm walking away from this for a few days but when i come back i will send the ini files.  btw... reddog, you can try googling "temporarily disable and not use a database for the emulator" and "gameex" and you will find immediately what i'm referring to.  Google is your friend :-)

Thank you.

No offense, but wouldn't it have been faster for you to post the link instead of instructions on how to Google a post you referenced that relates to the subject matter?

We're all good people here, and we do this for fun. We support this community because we love the hobby. Keep that in mind when you sprinkle your answers with sarcasm. We want to help you!

Without providing the documentation we're asking for, your essentially sending us out to investigate with absolutely nothing to go on.

2 hours ago, 8trek said:

btw... reddog, you can try googling "temporarily disable and not use a database for the emulator" and "gameex" and you will find immediately what i'm referring to.  Google is your friend :-)

If Google asks for help with GameEx and I think additonal clarification would be helpful, I will ask Google for it.
...but all things considered, I don't think Google would need our help since it can probably find all the answers it needs on it's own.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2016 at 7:41 AM, 8trek said:

...Google is your friend :-)...

Google tracks your searches. If google was my friend, they wouldn't track my searches and give them to third parties. I'm friends with DuckDucGo now and guess what, I notice fewer targeted ads...Funny how that works.