All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

sfiii3_usa.29f400.u2 File Name Error

imek

Hello,

I have a rom that isn't working. It says i'm missing this file name sfiii_usa.29f400.u2. I searched for the file but I could only find this file name instead sfiii3_usa.29f400.u2. I placed the file that I found into the roms folder but it still said sfiii_usa.29f400.u2 was missing. So I just changed the name of the file I found to match the file name I needed, then the rom seems to load until it says that there is a graphics error and then the screen goes black and makes some beeping noises.

Is sfiii3_usa.29f400.u2 the correct file? or do I need to keep searching?

I don't want to have to change the MAME that i'm using because it works for another rom that I use. I just need to get mame to recognize the file sfiii3_usa.29f400.u2 

I attached the ini and log files.

GameEx.ini

log.txt

You really need to make sure your ROM set matches your MAME build and is complete, otherwise you're going to keep running into this and posting threads about it. I know it's been mentioned before. We can't help you find ROMS, you gotta take some ownership here... we can only take you so far and you continue to have the same 'file XYZ is missing' issues.

There are some basics to MAME that you're overlooking, you should search the forum about it. Asking about roms is only going to get you in trouble, it's blatantly against the rules here.

13 hours ago, Adultery said:

You really need to make sure your ROM set matches your MAME build and is complete, otherwise you're going to keep running into this and posting threads about it. I know it's been mentioned before. We can't help you find ROMS, you gotta take some ownership here... we can only take you so far and you continue to have the same 'file XYZ is missing' issues.

There are some basics to MAME that you're overlooking, you should search the forum about it. Asking about roms is only going to get you in trouble, it's blatantly against the rules here.

sorry I didn't realize I was breaking a rule. I thought as long as I don't ask you where to get roms i'm fine.

No need for that. It's really kind of a grey area since the answers are in the ROM itself and your files not being there, but I would just advise against it. My advice to you is more about learning how MAME works, there's lots of threads about it. MAME is a very particular emulator and not like any other ,in that the ROM files are very specific to the build you're using. You may also want to look into ROM management software like clrMAMEpro.

On 9/8/2016 at 8:21 AM, Adultery said:

...You may also want to look into ROM management software like clrMAMEpro.

My nemesis, that program. If you want to thoroughly confuse yourself and hate life, sure by all means try to figure out CMP. I've tried and re-tried, I just keep scrambling my romset and breaking it. HUGE RULE WITH USING CLRMAMEPRO, KEEP A BACKUP ROMSET!!!

48 minutes ago, RIP-Felix said:

My nemesis, that program. If you want to thoroughly confuse yourself and hate life, sure by all means try to figure out CMP. I've tried and re-tried, I just keep scrambling my romset and breaking it. HUGE RULE WITH USING CLRMAMEPRO, KEEP A BACKUP ROMSET!!!

Truth. It's much easier to just make sure your romset matches your MAME version and call it good.