All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Forcing Portrait Mode for Visual Pinball

RoughDuck

VPX -

Preferences ->. Video Options...

Check Use always FS backdrop settings

If that doesn't work, you will need to go to open up the table

Click the Backdrop button and then the Options button. Change XY rotation setting under the FS column to 270. The rest of the settings will need to be adjusted according to your preferences. F6 Camera/Light Mode may help you dial it in. But I've never used that function.

All other VP versions - you will need to find an FS or cab version of the table. Most tables have one.

• Like 1

I understand that yeah.  This table is not compatible with VPX, it uses VP9.  The table looks fine if I'm using my monitor in landscape mode.  However when I use pinballX I set my monitor to portrait mode as all my FP tables are configured that way.  This table (and other Visual Pinball 9 tables) display Fullscreen in landscape mode but in portrait they get all messed up and cut off.  If I go into backdrop options and adjust the table yes I can manually rotate the backdrop for the table however there are multiple table objects that get left in the original orientation.  So the task would be to rotate the table, adjust scale so it fits my monitor and then manually drag and drop each of these objects to match the backdrop again.  Is that the only way?

I think for now i'm just going to use everything in landscape mode, it'll just be easier then having to muck around in a bunch of visual pinball tables whereas with FP and pinball x I can just change the setting once globally and its all gravy.

Yes, that's the best way to go. It's still the standard setup where the display is set up in landscape and you allow the simulator to rotate the playfield for you. But I did not know if your hardware was set up in a way where this would not work for you. Some people can't swivel their physical screen from portrait to landscape and vice-versa and don't want to crane their necks when outside of PinballX. In that case, you could run a little rotate.exe utility that can switch the desktop landscape to protrait with a hotkey or you can run a little batch file to rotate the desktop as you enter and exit PinballX.