All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Getting particular sega cd game to work with sound through gameex

cnells2000

when i load amazing spider-man vs the kingpin (Sega Cd) through gameex, i the music will not play. however when i dont use the frontend it works fine booting through the emulator. this is the only file that does this. It is a bin/ cue file and the cue structure is set up correctly because it plays through emulator. i've tried 3 different fusion emulators and it it does the same to spiderman and only spiderman. ive tried several different spiderman sega cd isos to make sure it was'nt the game itself. what mistake am i doing wrong here?

GameEx.ini

log.txt

I have this game for SegaCD as well and the music plays for me when it is run via GameEx and as standalone. However, my file format is a little different. The folder for the game has an iso with twelve mp3 music files.

Your GameEx config looks ok from what I can tell.

One test you can do that may give some insight is to try running the runitgame.bat file in the GameEx\DATA folder. When GameEx prepares to launch an emulator, this file is generated with the command line details you set up in the GameEx Setup Wizard for the emulator. Run Spiderman through GameEx so that it sets the runitgame.bat file up for that game. Then exit the game and GameEx, go to that GameEx\DATA folder, and doubleclick runitgame.bat. At that point, the GameEx client has been removed from the equation and you simply have a command line batch file launching the game. If the background music does not play, then at least we know the GameEx client is not conflicting...but if it does play...well, I am not sure where to go with it next since it is a very specific issue.