All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Future Pinball Wont Load & Start Tables

cnells2000

Hi cnells,

I found this post and this post from a few years back for Future Pinball. They indicate that the file type for the table is .fpt. Your log.txt shows that the Battletoads Pinball table you attempted to load was using a .lnk file. Are you certain that Future Pinball allows .lnk files when run from command line?

From what I see, your command line should be Future Pinball.exe /open "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" /play /exit with a rom filter of *.fpt.

I see from your GameEx.ini that you have the filter set for both .fpt and .lnk. What happens when you select a .fpt file instead?

sorry it took so long...had been away a day or two. i removed the .lnk extension and now its just *.fpt. still doing the same thing.

sorry it took so long...had been away a day or two. i removed the .lnk extension and now its just *.fpt. still doing the same thing.

No problem cnells...

So I took the time to download Future Pinball and a table called Warhawks.

I set up the following settings in the GameEx Emulator section:
Command Line: FuturePinball.exe /open "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" /play /exit
Filter: *.fpt
     (Note: I changed my executable to remove the space)

...and the table loaded into play mode directly after Future Pinball loaded. The only additional thing I found was that I had to set Future Pinball to be run as an administrator or the sound would not play and the keys would nto respond..and unfortunately in Windows 7 it also means that an annoying popup appears confirming that I do want to run the program (because of my Windows Security settings). Regardless of the popup, I was able to play the table immediately so we know the command line is correct.

You are running Windows 10. I am not very familiar with 10, but I would hazard a guess that you may have to fiddle with the administrative settings there as well. I searched the internets and did not find much in the way of table loading issues and Windows 10 (most articles were related to crashing actually).

In any case, I hope that this helps you.

I made a shortcut for each table so the contents of each table would be in its own separate folder. So I put all the arrows shortcuts in one folder and set the directory. That's why I had the. Lnk extension filter. Should I not have done this?

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

I actually don't think you can use lnk files with GameEx this way. I was unable to make this work for Future Pinball or Nestopia when I tested it just now.

I think what ends up happening is that the executable tries to load the lnk file as a data file instead of using the file we really want. What lead me to this conclusion is that Nestopia gave me a data error when I attempted it.

Just a side note: lnk files can be used in in one creative way to group a set of PC Games in a list, but I have not seen them used in any other way.