All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

wolfmame on gameex

kode1

I moved this from the FAQ subforums to the GameEx General as this is the more appropriate location. I do not have an answer to your question but I am certain someone else may.

It should work if it supports command lines, which I think it does. Someone asked about it a few months back as well. I use MAMEUIFX64 without any problems with the built in MAME support from GameEx.

I know what is the command to record a prompt from inp file.
But this assumes that for each game should put the name of the rom manually .
I wanted to know if there was a way to automate everything and start recording by starting the game by GameEx

OK, I see what it is you need to be able to do.

The problem is that the 'record' option needs to be inserted between the executable and the romfile when the commandline is built. Unfortuantely, the integrated Mame support cannot be made to allow that. It is hard coded so that so that the romfile is the only thing that can follow the executable. After a bit of searching, came across the Mame Commander 2 plugin by Adultry. I wonder if it might solve this for you. I have not used it, but it may be worth tinkering with:
http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/13829-plugin-mame-commander-2/
I am thinking that the Mame Emulator override might be the fix.

Worse case, what you can do is to set up an additional iteration of wolfmame as a regular emulator. that setup will not have some of the really nice functionality that the integrated mame setup will give you, but as an emulator you will have more control over how the commandline is built.

I don't have any experience with WolfMame, but I'm using the record parameter on standard Mame.

Simply add

-record "[ROM].inp"

in the MAME Options entry in the Advance MAME Settings section of the Setup Wizard.

Does this help for WolfMAME?