All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Stuck On please wait while loading

cnells2000

i updated my drivers, fresh installed gameex, installed several emulators, and started gameex and it was working fine. i escaped out, waited a couple days and now everytime i start gammex it stays stuck on the loading screen. please help someone

log.txt

here u go! Also im not able to do anything at this point so i just hit ctrl alt del and log off and it lets me escape out of the front end... very confusing

and i run the frontend as administrator

GameEx.ini

I've experienced this, and never discovered why.

Just let it sit even though it seems stuck, go make a sandwich, watch a TV show or something that takes a good bit, and see if it doesn't finally launch.  Over the years I've seen this maybe three times, but it always finally goes at some point.  Every time that I've waited it out like this, it returns to running normally afterwards, so it is doing something apparently.

OK after like 4 hours, it's still not loading. the demo videos show up after like an hour but when i click a button to return to the menu, the screen is black and the playlist audio is running. cant do anything from there so i hit ctrl alt del to manually close it out. I know somebody has a fix for this, please help

Here are the log files after this process

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Sorry, just now seeing this.  Yeah my experience showed something in the 1/2 hour range, nothing super excessive like 4 though.

I'd launch the setup wizard and run the verify at the end to see if anything comes back.  I notice you are running 147 u2, does the romset match this?

I don't think it matches this but I've used it for 3 years now and it hasn't been a problem ever. Changing that emulator version would fix this?

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

As a general rule, your ROM set should match the version of MAME. You may have been lucky up until now, but with all the changes with MAME in the last year or so, it is safe to say that your luck could run out.

I turned the arcade off for a day or two and then I cut it on today and it loaded normally. Strange........

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk