All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ATTN TOM] Pinball Arcade GUI Change

Drybonz

I haven't played the tables for TPA for several weeks so it appears that they have totally revamped their GUI. I will bring this to Tom's attention as it does break built-in support as it is programmed right now.

@Tom Speirs - Here is a picture of what the UI now looks like:

BE03E0239997BBE011FF38A08332CB63BE546F35

• Like 1

One of the reasons I love having a mame joystick on my cab.  Rather than direct table support from PBX for PBA or FX2, I only need to PBX launch the apps (which never changes) and once in, I can navigate with the native GUI regardless of any changes.

• Like 1

This change was in the beta for a good while, it's a lot better than the old one but it sucks that it breaks the integration. :(

They're talking about making it possible to launch tables by command line for pin cabs, hopefully that will be in the next beta.

I wouldn't have as much of an issue with the change if they made command line launching concurrent. I am hoping that the command line launching will also allow for a switch to select DX11 tables as opposed to having to resort to AHK trickery to do so.  Seems like they are taking a step or two backwards and not really listening to the end-user.

Hello if there coming an update for pinball x ? the new menue in PBA  works not correctly with the script in pinball x to choose the correct table. He chooses only "last played" sometimes nothing. Or can i self change the script ? 

1 hour ago, apprentice said:

Hello if there coming an update for pinball x ? the new menue in PBA  works not correctly with the script in pinball x to choose the correct table. He chooses only "last played" sometimes nothing. Or can i self change the script ? 

I split your post from an unrelated [RESOLVED] topic from December 2015 and merged it into this most recent topic that it is directly related.If you are using the integrated PBA support in PinballX, then it is broken with this latest update by Farsight Studios and will need to be addressed by Tom.

Their idea to have a larger grid of tables in the gui is fundamentally a good one, but man is it horrible in practice... the scrolling is all weird and the mouse cursor jumping around while you scroll, graphics cut off... it needs work... and no, they do not pay any attention to user feedback whatsoever... people have been asking for better camera views etc for literally years.

Yeah, When you have more tables than the grid can display and have to scroll down and the display is fighting against you to scroll back up, I have to say it 5ux0rz.

I cannot understand how someone could have tested that menu screen out and said... ok, this is ready for prime time... let's roll it out.  I mean... one scroll is all you need to see things are not normal.

My Pinball Arcade.xml is in alpha order, with only one number, but the interface goes in alpha order left to right, then down and left to right again. 

Do we need to enter as 1,1 1,2 etc. for row, column?

At present, this is not working for me. Attached are my .xml, log.txt and pinballx.ini files. When I attempt to launch a table, I hear what sound like some keypresses in the background, then I get a prompt asking if I really want to exit and no attempt to load a table.

Also, Game List Manager only allows for a grid that goes up to row 9. In a portrait display, there are only 4 columns across and, if you have all the tables, 18 rows down (with more to come as they add additional tables).

log.txt

PinballX.ini

Pinball Arcade.xml

Yep, see my response before yours as I was updating it with additional info. The grid positions are much different and Game List Manager only goes through row 9. I have 18 rows of 4 tables each.

It changed when I loaded it in the Game List Manager. You might have downloaded the old one before I replaced it during my update of the post. Here it is again.While in Game List Manager, you will see that I need more Xs to get to 18 total.GLM only goes to row 9.

Pinball Arcade.xml