All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Online game services not working

TheMug

I turned on the Origin and the Steam online services and the Origin one shows in my menu, but doesn't show any games, and Steam, doesn't show up at all... I don't have any Uplay games so i don't know if that one works or not... did i not set something up right?

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Did you go into the Setup Wizard to the Steam and Origin setup and set it to login along with your Steam and Origin credentials?

I found this: LoginToSteam=False

and this: 

[origin]
Enabled=False

Fair enough to say that you have to configure these as enabled and enter your login info on the respective integrated support pages.

I've done that, and the results were as i posted..i've turned them on and put my account info into the steam setup, origin setup has no option for that.

Here is the ini and log with it all turned on. And all i see is the origin one in the menu, but no games found in it.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

You have games in your library that you purchased through steam right? Also can you try installing something new now that GameEx can see it? 

OK after some reinstalls, the Steam one works, but the Origin one still shows up in the menu, but it still says "no games found", while i have 2 games installed and the origin client running.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking, does the origin client and the origin games, have to be installed on the main C: drive in default locations for Gameex to see it? Because mine isn't installed in the default locations on the C drive maybe that's why it's not showing up

well from experimenting i found that the client does have to be on the c drive in it's default location for GameEx to see it... i still can't get any games to show up in GameEx though.