All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Mame 0.174 UI64 crashes after launch after recent GameEx update.

UNFORGIVEN II

5 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Just so you know. Here is the contents:

@ECHO OFF
chcp 65001

G:
CD "G:\MameUI64"
mameui64.exe 1942w -rompath "G:\MameUI64\roms"

Although I have no idea why it crashes.

Yeah I looked at it after you said that. Kinda weird. It was working fine before the update. There was a problem I had before the update though. I had forgotten it. When launching GameEx Mame (Mame 0.173) would knock me out of GameEx with several errors like "unknown system" ect. I had to task kill Mame and then it worked fine until now. Not sure if that means anything to you. Thanks a lot anyway. :)

Edited by UNFORGIVEN II
correction

5 minutes ago, UNFORGIVEN II said:

Yeah I looked at it after you said that. Kinda weird. It was working fine before the update. There was a problem I had before the update though. I had forgotten it. When launching GameEx Mame (Mame 0.173) would knock me out of GameEx with several errors like "unknown system" ect. I had to task kill Mame and then it worked fine until now. Not sure if that means anything to you. Thanks a lot anyway. :)

To clarify, When launching GameEx on its own Mame would error me out of GameEx during launch. After task killing Mame (0.173) at the time, I could then click on GameEx which was open in the taskbar. GameEx was running correctly and I could launch Mame just fine. Never had any more issues until 0.174 and GameEx update. I did them both the same day.

1 minute ago, Tom Speirs said:

I understand. I am just saying if its doing the same thing launching the .bat file its nothing to do with GameEx.

Ditto, I trust what you told me. I didn't know if that info would help any.