All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Exporting roms to another setup from favorites

Evilforces

Hi all!!

I have a setup with GameEx and on my favorites list I have a list of Mame games, because this is the easy way I found to see only the games I want from all the romset.

My intention is to export only the games on this list to another PC, and want to know if there is any way to take only the roms from my favorites list from all my romset.

I don't want to export the list, I want to export the roms listed on this list from my mame roms folder.

Any suggestions to not take one by one :unsure:...

Thanks in advance.

Is it a map file? If not, can you make one from it? If the answer is yes, you can use Map File Maker to do this, it's in my projects thread.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Hi Adultery!!!

It's the standar favorite list inside Gameex. I don't know if it save it as a map file.... sorry....

To Stigzler:

It sounds great!!! Can I export my actual favorites list to this program automatically???

Thanks in advance

If he doesn't provide something I can. It's like a 1 hour project probably. :)

• Like 2

Here's someting...

Pretty self explanatory really. Open it, point it to your GameEx.exe, set the source and destination folders, and off you go.

You can set an option to export all games you've played for a system too.

I'll do a more formal thread later, I didn't want to keep you waiting too long.

Feel free to send me a donation. I accept Henry's Hard Orange Soda and I also like beer. :D

gfex.png

• Like 4

You are the King Adultery!!!

It looks very good!!!! I'll try it and comment my results and impressions on it.

If you come to Spain you are invited to beer and everything you need.

Everything I need you say? [emoji14]

I should mention that for MAME, don't forget to manually move your bios roms. You'll also need to manually move parent roms, that is outside of scope for this app.

3 minutes ago, Adultery said:

Everything I need you say? emoji14.png

Except girls, drugs and weapons ... You can ask whatever you want, you are invited.

Dear Adultery,

Tried the program and encountered an error exporting:

1 - I select the folders for GameEx, Mame roms and destination folder...

2 - When the programs starts exporting I have an error saying rom XXXX.zip not found and let me choose to continue or cancel...

My Mame roms are 7ziped... I think it could be the problem...

Thanks in advance!!!

Yup that would do it. My bad. I didn't consider 7-zip since support was added for it... I'm a bit old school I guess . I'll fix it.

• Like 1

Here's an update with MAME 7-zip included! I also added it to the downloads section for it's permanent home. Check that out for the changelog. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Dear Adultery,

Tryied the program and it seems to work well, but there is one question to solve...

2 player version games are not recognized by program. Here is a list of roms that I can play on my original system but not import with your program:

aligatorun.7z
simpsons2p.7z
ssridersubc.7z
tmnt22pu.7z
tmnt2po.7z
xmen2pa.7z

As you can see, there are only the 2 players version of original roms.

I think the roms are imported with parent rom, but I'm not sure.

Thanks a lot for your great work on this program!!!

If the rom is not in the favorites file it won't be imported. Can you post your data.db3 file so I can take a look at it?

Also as I mentioned before, the lack of bios and parent roms are outside of scope for now.

These files are in the favorites list so I'm sure they were exported if they were in the source folder. My guess is they're in the export but the parent roms aren't there (which as I've noted multiple times aren't going to be supported). Can you verify that the 7z files you listed aren't in the exported folder?

Hi Adultery!!!

The roms are imported with parent 7z file.

Forget that please, sorry... Only message error ovbiously because program search the rom listed, but there is no rom file with this name.

Program works like a charm!!!

Thank  you so much!!!

• Like 1