All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New roms not showing up

smkinney

I added six new roms to my roms folder in addition to the six I currently have. I turned off the verify and all of the filters other than show the games I have. Run the list update and nada. I copied the roms into the rom folder in mame to see if they worked there and the loaded no problem. Am I missing something? Also an additional question. I am a total noob. Lol. I build a cabinet and have a trackball which essentially is a glorified sub mouse. It works as a mouse and I set it as a trackball in mame. The only thing I can't figure out is how to get it to work as a joystick for games like centipede. Also I would love to assign the two mouse buttons as controller buttons in game. Like one being select and the other being escape. Any thoughts?

thank you!

Hi smkinney, welcome to the Spesoft forums!

You inadvertently posted this into the Convert-It support forums which is a whole separate application suite from the one for which you're seeking assistance.  I moved it to the GameEx General forum where it will receive more attention.

In regards to your issue please provide your GameEx.ini and your most recent log file.  If you're unsure of how to access that information, please check the GameEx: How to Ask for Help link in my signature.  Your MAME issue may wind up being an issue in which your ROM set doesn't match up with your version of MAME.  All the same, you GameEx settings and log will help us to determine what's happenning.  

Game control settings can be accessed through the tab menu in MAME and can be modified at the global level or a per game level.