All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

error when shutting down

peterson65

running xp and newest gameex everything works fine but when i shut down system from within gameex it get an error that pops up just befor shutdown i had to record video with my cell to see what it is. any idea?

thanks

Screenshot_7.jpg

GameEx Live runs a background service. It looks like that's what's giving your the error. You can disable it in the Setup Wizard. I can't give you specifics as I'm out of town at the moment, but you should be able to identify it in the Wizard.

• Like 1

Won't be able to tell without seeing your gameex.ini and log.txt files. Click on the GameEx How to ask for help link in my signature for instructions on how to locate and submit the files for us to review. 

It is generally best to provide these files whenever reporting a new issue so that we can look at things as quickly as possible without having to ask or wait for them.

On 5/22/2016 at 10:40 PM, peterson65 said:

its not enabled? any thing else it could be

EnableBackground=True

The above is in your ini, and found in the GameEx Online config settings early on with the setup wizard.  I believe this is what Kustom Kid is referring to.

Disable it, and give it another go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tthurman said:

EnableBackground=True

The above is in your ini, and found in the GameEx Online config settings early on with the setup wizard.  I believe this is what Kustom Kid is referring to.

Disable it, and give it another go.

Yes. It's the page with the header "GameEx Online" in the setup wizard. You can disable it altogether, or just disable the background service itself using the first two pull down items.