All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Game Ex Menus stopped working

sharkbbe

If anyone could help... that would be great. I have been using Game Ex for awhile and have thoroughly enjoyed it. However as of late, my menus have stopped working. When selecting a menu, the please wait signs come up and then it returns to the list I just clicked off of.I can select games on the favorites list, but non of the other menus will populate a game list. I can select the emulators tab and it will show my emulators. When I select an emulator it shows please wait and then returns to the emulator list again. I have re-installed Game Ex etc. I am probably overlooking something simple. Please help.

9 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Okay then, moving forward.

Here is the setup for 14.32 (I couldn't find 14.33).

Can others please test this? Please also test gameex.exe from the earlier version with the latest install to see if it is a library issue.

Cheers.

Tom.

GameExSetup1432.exe

Hi Tom,

I've been using version 14.32, which works with SSF.

When I update to 14.48 (with no other changes at all), none of my emulators work other than MAME.

When I select an emulator, its does not display any games, it just goes back to the emulator selection screen.

Please note that every emulator works perfectly in 14.32, the only change was updating to 14.48.

Log and Gameex.ini are attached

Thanks!

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Please click on the GameEx How to ask for help link in my signature. It will provide you with instructions on where to locate your gameex.ini and log.txt files and how to submit them for us to review. Thanks!

1 hour ago, sharkbbe said:

If anyone could help... that would be great. I have been using Game Ex for awhile and have thoroughly enjoyed it. However as of late, my menus have stopped working. When selecting a menu, the please wait signs come up and then it returns to the list I just clicked off of.I can select games on the favorites list, but non of the other menus will populate a game list. I can select the emulators tab and it will show my emulators. When I select an emulator it shows please wait and then returns to the emulator list again. I have re-installed Game Ex etc. I am probably overlooking something simple. Please help.

I am having the same exact problem after updating from version 14.32 to 14.48

Log and Gameex.ini are attached.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Just a shot in the dark on this one...make sure the pathways in the Setup Wizard still matches the location of the files on your PC.

I have all my games stored on an external drive that I only power up when I want to use it. When I forget to power it up, I can move through the menus (and into the favorites), but cannot run anything. On one occasion, I booted my PC with several usb flash drives already inserted, so when I powered up the external hard drive with all the emulator stuff the PC assigned a different driver letter...hence, wrong path.

Hope it helps   :)   ...and if that ain't it, listen to Draco, cuz he knows his stuff.

I changed the resolution and it did not help at first. However, I cycled through the change view in Game Ex and for some unknown reason it began to work again.:huh: I don't know. Anyway, thank you for your help and responding to me as quick as you did. You guys are awesome.

18 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Ill address the menu issue in the other topic if it is okay with you buddy?

Hi Tom,

I am still having menu issues.

If I "change view" to certain views, the menus work.

All the menus that look good (in my opinion), still do not work.

I can go to each "main page" listing, but when I scroll down to select a certain emulator, it just goes back to the emulator selection screen again.

I am using a tri/sync arcade monitor with and Arcardevga 3000 graphics card and Windows 7 64 bit.

My max resolution is 800 x 600 and I have never had menu issues with any version of GameEx before 14.48.

Thanks!

All - I split jombee's posts (and those in response to it) out of the SSF issue thread and merged with the correct thread as Tom wanted to keep the issues with the menu separated. 

5 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Thanks. Do you know which specific type of view does not work?

Hi Tom,

I'm using the default theme animated.

All of the "main headers" work, its when you select the actual emulator and it tries to go to the game list, it just goes back to the emulator selection list.

I could only find 2 "views" that allowed game selection.  One had a large Hexagon in the center, the other one just has a large MAME logo

Thanks for your help Tom!

Have you tried the DeleteAllViews.exe in the GameEx root folder? This will delete all views that have been cached and allow you to select the view you want again via Change View. Please give that a try to see if it fixes the issue of the menus not working and report back. Thanks!

12 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Have you tried the DeleteAllViews.exe in the GameEx root folder? This will delete all views that have been cached and allow you to select the view you want again via Change View. Please give that a try to see if it fixes the issue of the menus not working and report back. Thanks!

Hello,

There is no "DeleteAllViews.exe (or anything similar) in my GameEx root folder, or anywhere on computer.

Could it be named something else?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Can you please provide a screen capture of the particular menu views that are problematic? Thanks!

Hello Draco,

"MAME" and "Emulated Games" both do not work.  When you select something from one of these lists, it just goes back to the list.

Most Played, Last Played, Favorites, Multimedia, More Programs, GameEx News and Exit/Shutdown all seem to work fine.

Please note that I have not made any changes at all except updating from GameEx Version 14.32 to 14.48

MAMELIST.pngEMULIST.png

15 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Again, could you try not using that view and let me know if the issue persists.

I will continue to look into it though

Hi Tom,

The only 2 "views" that work with the MAME and Emulators game lists menus with version 14.48 are attached below.

This was not an issue with version 14.32working.pngworking2.png

• Like 1