All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Monster bash won't start backglass

AndersE

Monster bash will not open directb2s on second screen when i launch in pinballx (2.14), it's just black and i cant move mousepointer to second screen either.

Both table and directb2s is named exactly the same.

if i  launch the table from the gamemanager or in vp direct it works.

What am i doing wrong? All other tables i have tested works (150+) so far..

Update to 2.16

Close any other open apps that you don't absolutely need.

You may have to change the settings in the b2s. Use standard instead of fantasy if the option exists. Increase the lamptimer or solenoid timer.

If the directb2s has a very large file size then you may have to use another version of the backglass or get into the directb2s designer and attempt to reduce the image resolution or compress the image further.

Or you might try patching the b2sserver executable to address more RAM.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

aha ok. thanks i will try your tips.

I don't run any other apps (unless you count winrar, ms antivirus and firefox) on the computer. It is dedicated to only visual pinball.

And i have latest gfx drivers and all win7 updates on it.

I mean, if you have large tables and large backglasses then you don't want to  have anything else running in the background that takes system resources away from playing pinball.

Once you have PinballX updated, it would be helpful to send pinballx.ini and a log file as that would at least tell us what some of your system specs are:

Try to start the table out of "PinballX_Lite" (just for testing purposes). I guess this will work (even if you will have no Images/videos in the PBX menu anymore using this exe).

I´ve had this issue with my former PC as well - it seems to be a problem of the CPU and/or GPU. I remember that there were several more tables where I´ve encountered that problem. Monster Bash is a very Hardware hungry table. My may try to use another backglass - that might solve your issue as well.

Good luck!

Jannek

I have an i5 3.4ghz, radeon r7 370 4GB main gfx, nvidia gt520, 8Gb ram.

If i select standard grill with speakers it works, but hidden fails. increased lamptimer no joy. i tried run in both exe and normal mode.

And it is not the biggest table or backglass i have running.

It seems there only exist one db2s for it, i can't find any else.

I'll try the lastest gfx drivers also. just need to backup first.

Hmm, sounds strange... do you have the possibility to switch between "Fantasy Mode" and "Authentic Mode" with this backglass? (first option of the BG Options)

Later on I will have a look which BG I´m currently using and also what are my Settings...

Please try the PinballX_Lite.exe anyways - maybe this will give us an additional hint.

Kind regards,

Jannek

You wouldn't happen to be running Catalyst Software Suite WITH the Gaming Evolved Client by Raptr? If running Raptr, can you try not running it before loading PinballX to see if it clears anything up?