All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 14.46

Tom Speirs

Oh, just the logos. lol

Yeah it really is pretty fantastic of you.

The reason I am so pleased is because of Evo as it should support them so well

Not that I don't believe where they are elsewhere is awesome and great value but it means we can provide them to the user base in house.

Again, its epic :)

Thanks Draco, Stizgler and the rest of the crew too :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Oh, just the logos. lol

Yeah it really is pretty fantastic of you.

The reason I am so pleased is because of Evo as it should support them so well

Not that I don't believe where they are elsewhere its awesome and great value but it means we can provide them to the user base in house.

Again, its epic :)

Glad they will be put to good use and very excited to see what Evo will bring to the table!

;-)

A good chunk of them, yes.

This was back when I first got my cab and thought I would take the completist approach.

(changed my mind on that one!)

Do a google search for "[rom name] logo png". there you go.

There were quite a few I could not find so had to use a flyer or marquee and photoshopped the holy hell out of it.

And there is a chunk that I later got from various other sources, some from HS, to fill the gaps.

So no. I cannot take full credit on the actual creation on all of these.

BUT.

If you take the time and effort to search on google individually and then name match them all, you can get them on the interwebs. 

Or at least fodder to work with.

Yeah, it's a bit of work...

Not something I think I would like to do again.

Got a chance to try a few more scenarios using the EXE you posted earlier in this thread. I also attached nestopia.xml, and the results of a dxdiag on my system.

Single Display: Games launch to black screen.  NEStopia states "No valid display adapter".

Single Display with GameExtender Disabled: Games launch to black screen.  NEStopia states "No valid display adapter".

GameEx in Windowed Mode: IT WORKED! (I did, however, get an error message when I Alt-Enter'd into windowed mode. I restarted GameEx in windowed mode with no errors, and verified that it still worked.)

Dual Display/GameExtender On/Vanilla MAME without RocketLauncher: Games launch to black screen.  When I Ctrl-Alt-Delete'd and opened Task Manager, I was able to open the CMD window, and noticed that MAME threw a "Unable to initialize Direct3D" error.

log MAME_noRL.txt

log SingleDIsplay.txt

log SingleDisplay_GameExtenderOff.txt

log Windowed.txt

nestopia.xml

DxDiag.txt

2 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Thanks for all your help.

Here is another update to try.

GameEx.zip

Not solved for me... :-(

"Your desktop should be on 16 bit color" This happen when I press ctrl+alt+del with Kega Fusion emulator

Grasping at straws here... But I notice this line showing a negative available texture memory in all of my log files...  Is video memory being incorrectly calculated and somehow causing display issues on game launch?  My GTX 750 has 1GB of memory for what it's worth...

07:16:33.5  5/5/2016:  Available texture memory: -1139MB

4 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Thanks for all your help.

Here is another update to try.

GameEx.zip

Still no luck.  Set my GameEx graphics back to 32bit and tried NEStopia and MAME.  Still launches to a black screen.  

If I Ctrl-Alt-Delete & choose Task Manager on of NEStopia black screen, "No valid display adapter".

If I Ctrl-Alt-Delete quick enough & choose Task Manager on a MAME black screen, it loads (like it did in the attached log). This is the same behavior I've been seeing.  If I'm slow on the Ctrl-Alt-Delete, MAME gives up and doesn't run the game, and I stay stuck on the black screen (I can't see it behind the black screen, but I'm assuming MAME fires the "Unable to initialize Direct3D"  error I noticed this morning and closes the CMD window)

Also on this .EXE, GameEx crashes when I try to open it in 16bit mode.

log32bitGFX.txt

log16bit.txt

• Like 1

I'm using Direct3D in MAME.

I'm stumped, too. Maybe a Windows Update isn't agreeing with it (it's completely up to date). Maybe it didn't like my GameEx theme (there are a few unused elements positioned outside the viewable bounds).

I'd say it's video card related, but it looks like EvilForces is using Intel graphics and he's having the same problems.

28 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

I tried on my pincab that has got a 650 in it. Again, it works perfectly for me.

Galaga on a full size playfield is pure insanity. Dig it.

Difficult to play with flipper buttons, but damn it sure is cool looking...

I was popping back in here to report that I was also having issues with the black screen of doom.

When I was testing it initially with the first update, I did not have Gameex in fullscreen while I was troubleshooting something else.

While trying to recreate what was happening to millerbrad, I threw Gameex in fullscreen. And there it was.

Strange thing is that it was intermittent and random. Sometimes it would happen, sometimes it wouldn't.

I can 100% confirm that the latest Gameex.exe you posted above has fixed it on my end in fullscreen.

I have been loading games through it for awhile now just to make sure.

The ONLY thing I noticed is that while Gameex is fading out and the title logos are shrinking,

the animation hangs for a second or two.

Not a big deal, but thought I would mention as it may assist in narrowing it down.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help Mr. Millerbrand :-(

1 hour ago, Tom Speirs said:

Its certainly not effecting everyone as it works swimmingly for me.

Are you running MAME in DirectDraw mode?

I wonder if it is something to do with DirectDraw emulation in windows 10.

Here is another one to try.

GameEx.zip

Swapped in this EXE, switched to 32bit mode, and IT WORKED!  Thank you!

Just an FYI that 16bit mode does still crash with this EXE on my cab.  GameEx opens with all of the menus in place and the progress bar animating in the foreground, then the menu jumps forward and tries to zoom out.  As soon as it attempts that zoom, it crashes.  I'll try to capture it and post it on YouTube to show you what I mean.

EDIT: Here it is, once YouTube gets done processing it...

log16bitcrash.txt

log32bitWORKED.txt