All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 14.46

Tom Speirs

4 minutes ago, millerbrad said:

If I Ctrl-Alt-Delete on the black screen for an NES game, NEStopia throws a "found no valid display adapter" error.  

If I Ctrl-Alt-Delete on the black screen for a MAME game, then open Task Manager, that makes the game load.

GameEx.ini

log MAMEviaRL_HideOSNotRenamed.txt

log MAMEviaRL_HideOSRenamed.txt

log NESGame_HideOSNotRenamed.txt

log NESGame_HideOSRenamed.txt

Same here plus on Kega Fusion is saying something about "I need to run on 16bits screen to have full screen resolution"

Thanks for your help Tom.

1 minute ago, Tom Speirs said:

Thanks. Yeah I think its a directx issue. It would make sense. Did you try the attachment above? Could you post the log too please.

Yup..  Same issue.  I edited my post above.

Same issue with attached file.... :-(

EDIT: Now with attached file, when I get the black screen and press ctrl+alt+supr and cancel, then the emulator load and it's not saying anything about the screen.

It's like the emulator lost the focus and need to re-activate it... it seems lsomething ike that...

1 minute ago, Tom Speirs said:

Could you try without secondary display and also in windowed mode.

Unfortunately, I can't get to my cab at the moment, but I'll give it a try in the morning..

Smooth as silk on my cab.
Of course, I only have Mame on it so I can't speak for other emulators...
(Playing Metroid for hours standing in front of a cab never appealed to me. That's what jtag xbox's are for. haha.)

8 minutes ago, nightgaunt98 said:

Smooth as silk on my cab.
Of course, I only have Mame on it so I can't speak for other emulators...
(Playing Metroid for hours standing in front of a cab never appealed to me. That's what jtag xbox's are for. haha.)

You are going to love the initial release of Evo then.

Shh ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Tom Speirs said:

Your a cool guy with a cool setup. Can you please give me an excuse to up you to Contributor status!? Just need an excuse. lol

Hahaha!

Do I have to upload a bajillion more title logos for you?

Let me know what else I can help out with, as long as I can do it in somewhat leisure.

I own and run my own screen printing business, time is precious.

But this is a hobby I've adored since I got my first jtag about 8 years ago.

Which led to my Arcade cab about 3 years ago... then my Virtuapin...

Hmmm. What next? Perhaps I'll build some SkeeBall lanes. Ha.

Just now, Draco1962 said:

Shhh, Tom! You had him at upload a bajillion more logos.. B)

Oh, the logos...

Hell, the obsession I have with my arcade had me collecting and creating art stuffs

for years now. Graphic designer for screen printing and all. Everything needs to be visual...

I have a ton more stuff. 

What you have provided so far has made for a good start for the 400x400 Game Logos project. Keep the hits coming. Of course, we can continue the convo there as we are way off topic in this thread (Thanks, Tom)! :P

• Like 1