All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Random Black Box Behind Title Images

nightgaunt98

5 hours ago, stigzler said:

Give this a go:

Ruling!!!

My OCD is now satiated, thanks for that!

The only thing I noticed after downloading it, and this may be nothing, is the MarqueeMasher.dll

is outside the PLUGINS folder. Should it be inside the PLUGINS folder to keep the file structure when folks download it 

to save confusion when they drop it in Gameex? Or is there supposed to be a copy of the .dll file in Gameex's root folder?

I'm still sorting out the structure and inner workings of this brilliant frontend ;-)

3 minutes ago, stigzler said:

Oooops. Thanks. Dll should be in plugins folder

While we are on this, another question about the slow loading time if I may.

On starting Gameex, MarqueeMasher loads the default image instantaneously but takes about 5 minutes

to start pulling the rom marquees. It's the same for On Browse, On Launch, and On Attract.

My Marquee images are all the same size: 845kb, 1400x436, 100dpi.

Should I reduce the size even more or do you think it may be something else?

All of my marquee images are in one folder: Gameex / MEDIA / MAME / Marquee set as Folder 1 in configure.

Honestly it really doesn't bother me, I am a patient man and it consistently loads smooth as silk once it gets going.

I would just hate for folks to give up on this program thinking it's not working!

Yeah, same here, just want to get things going in the right direction so when the powers that be read the thread they don't have to pick through so much off topic conversation to get to the meat of the issue.

• Like 1

This may be shown in your video, and getting lost in the black box problem.

You indicate you have a hand selected number of games in your "In Use" library.  Obviously these don't all show on a single screen, so where do these show up while going thru the available games, as a left right scroll, or up/down?

17 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Hi,

Nice setup.

Tthis issue is fixed for the next release. In the meantime here is an updated binary of gameex.exe

Thanks.

Tom

GameEx.zip

Absolutely brilliant!!!

Black boxes are gone, thanks Tom!

Resolved

;-)

50 minutes ago, tthurman said:

This may be shown in your video, and getting lost in the black box problem.

You indicate you have a hand selected number of games in your "In Use" library.  Obviously these don't all show on a single screen, so where do these show up while going thru the available games, as a left right scroll, or up/down?

Everything is set up as an up/down scroll.

My "In Use" is just a custom list, attached is a screen shot of "All Games".

The custom list are around 300 games I actually play out of 6,000+ random roms, bootlegs, different versions, etc, etc.

I like that you can just add the rom name to your custom list txt file if you want to throw a new game in there...

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 8.21.04 AM.JPG

• Like 1

When you get a chance, can you post an updated video?

and about that setup guide......:P

In all seriousness, I'd like to do this to my setup (If I can ever find it after I finally get moved), it would be nice to have a summary of how you got it here, it's super tricked out!

I don't ask much huh.....:lol:

1 hour ago, tthurman said:

When you get a chance, can you post an updated video?

and about that setup guide......:P

In all seriousness, I'd like to do this to my setup (If I can ever find it after I finally get moved), it would be nice to have a summary of how you got it here, it's super tricked out!

I don't ask much huh.....:lol:

Sure thing.

Mucking around with this the past week has put me behind on workstuffs a bit.

Need to take a step back for the week and play catch up.

Meantime, what would be best. A tutorial or if I just created a custom theme?

How about we close this thread now that the original black box issue has been resolved.

Send me a message with thoughts on how I can help out...

Cheers!

• Like 1