All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Good Night Sweet Prince

nullPointer

The past six months could almost not have been any worse for the world of music.  Unfortunately we've lost another legend.  It is with a heavy heart that I report that Prince was found dead today in his recording studio.  An eccentric visionary from the start, his contributions to the world of pop and rock music are practically innumerable.  I just don't even ... :(

(Sorry for the shitty embed.  Turns out there aren't too many good clips of Prince on YouTube)

Another awesome clip of Prince.  At this point it's almost cliche to say that his flamboyant persona often overshadowed the fact that he was a bit of a genius on guitar, but there it is.  Dude could shred.  On a stage full of noteworthy guitar players, Prince's solo work absolutely burns the house down.  Amazing stuff (solo starts around 3:25).

• Like 1

God is calling the greats to the Hearafter, one after the other in 2016. Maybe He is planning one helluva concert for when it is our time to arrive. RIP to one of the greatest ever!

He was always the showman, I'm certain he had someone staged to catch it, just like he had someone to support him as he was leaning out into the crowd during his lead in the video nP posted.  He had so many talents,  that I suspect many could have been easily overlooked.  "Controversy" I believe gave some people the mis-conception that he was all about writing lyrics that, mmmm, where somewhat taboo at the time.  I think the primary overlooked component for some was he was so extremely talented on a vast number of instruments and arrangement, that he was playing a lot of the music to those tunes, in addition to writing it.  

Truly a timeless entertainer, and his death is shocking to say the least, so young!

Up until I started boxing up for our move, Prince was frequently spinning in my CD player.  I almost blew my subs one night with "Kiss".  His influence is immeasurable IMO!  If you're a Lenny Kravitz fan, then you can certainly see it there if for nothing else than the vocal changes from soft to more aggressive.  The list goes on for sure, but Lenny was a fan, and it shows!

• Like 1

My favorite guitarist David Gilmour performing my favorite Pink Floyd "The Wall" song "Comfortably Numb" with a tribute to Prince with a bit of Purple Rain at about 4:30 in the video.

• Like 1