All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Steam Stopped Adding New Games?

firebrand_X

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if GameEx is updating with new Steam games for any of you, or if maybe something changed within the past month or two with the way that Steam connects to GameEx? The desktop that I've been using both Steam and GameEx on for years is no longer keeping tabs on my Steam inventory. I've purchased and installed a few new games, and after a month or two they're still not showing up in my GameEx library like before.

In a few tests I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few smaller games, but they've completely disappeared from my GameEx library.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Steam and GameEx, but the Steam Library in GameEx came up blank with no solution but restoring a backup of my saved config/files. I've also installed Steam and GameEx on a completely virgin (GameEx-less) Win10 PC to test if maybe the issue is an existing config file misconfiguration, but no such luck. The Steam area of GameEx on this PC is completely empty even with some smaller games like 'Duke Nukem 3D' and 'Quake' installed via Steam, and Steam enabled via the GameEx Wizard.

Additionally, on my existing installation I've checked the following 'usual suspects' with no luck:

- My GameEx rig has a fully owned license that I also applied to the test/clean PC (licensed version required to utilize Steam I believe?)
- I've run GameEx in Admin mode
- I Checked that all games work fine outside of GameEx
- My Steam account is fully Active
- I'm running the Steam platform in the background while using GameEx
- I've entered my login info into the Steam option inside of the GameEx Wizard program
- I've deleted the EMU_1002.dbcache.ini, steamdata.ini, and gameex_[PC] Valve Steam.map. This causes the GameEx Steam library to empty out and never find installed games.
- I ran the Steam Local File Integrity Verifier on some of the missing games, and they all check out
- In my log file there's several "Invalid or filtered path: " Mentions

Attached are the zipped gameex.ini and log.txt files for my game-rig PC installation.
It's odd that GameEx isn't reading Steam in a completely virgin GameEx installation, as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks to Tom and the contributors for an excellent gaming front end. :)

game-rig-files.zip

Tom, I have 115 games in my Steam library and only 110 are showing up. I have attempted clearing the cache to see if it would rebuild and report all of them, but only the same 110 as before.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom! I'm a new user to GameEx. Love the frontend and its Steam support! :)

I, too, am having the same issues with the frontend not updating the Steam list with the installed software from my Steam library. Hopefully, you can have it fixed soon as I would like to show off a few games via GameEx at an upcoming sci-fi convention in a few weeks.

Could I also recommend a refresh feature where GameEx will update the Steam list with any change to the installed library be it new installation, new snaps, videos or uninstallation of a file or two? It would be very appreciated. Thanks. :D

Hello YMokriy, glad to have you participating in the GameEx forums.

As Tom will be looking at addressing the root problem discussed in this thread sometime in the near future, I would recommend you post your enhancement request in the features and enhancements thread.  Tom welcomes this sort of input, but that thread is where he will be focusing on for that particular type of input.

• Like 1