All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

N o Movie Boxart or description

starbuck

Have been having this problem for awhile now. Gameex does not download box art or description of movies. I have install on several computers and still nothing. This version is stripped down to only a few emulators, movies, music and karaoke.

Thanks for a great frontend.

GameEx.ini

Hi Tom,

At home now, and not working here either. Has to be a setting.Yes you did check it and everything shows working but not showing descriptions or  boxart. Will send log in the morning when I get to work. Updated codecs etc. and still not showing. Videos work fine. In emulators everything shows up fine.

Just tried to access some of your sites from the system, I sent the log from. Seem to be able to access everything just fine.What files do you suggest I need to rename. Same names I've used since I've started using. GameEx.

I
sent the log

19 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

I would do a simple test just to troubleshoot. Its also worth trying the movie module and getting metadata. See what happens with that. It might help me help you.

Where is the movie module. I've set the one several up times in the setup wizard. Is that the one

Had done the get metafile before and nothing changed. For the last several hours I've been playing with it and have found the problem. I list my movies as

"All American Bikini Car Wash (2015)" If I remove the (2015) the box and description loads. But no where in the description does it show the year of the movie. Is there something that can done so the year made shows up. In the old system it showed the year made. Also I have two pages. One is videos and one is movies. I'm using Adultry theme.They both appear to read from the same path. Videos screen show just titles. Movies show titles,collections, actors etc. If I open one of the folders in Movies it shows movies I used to have in GameEx but no longer do. I went in and cleared out the entries in movies in GameEx but they still show up.

Thank you all for the help.

• 1 month later...