All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Where to put the key file?

NLS

OK I don't know what to say.

One more attempt to setup GameEx and is really awkward. But not a matter of this thread.

The question here is: What do I do the key file? I put it on GameEx root folder and nothing changed. I get nag screen.

Now someone would expect:

- To describe where to put it, in the email that had it attached. No.

- That the register web page would explain. No.

- That the FAQ would have this (actually on top). No.

- That forum search would help. No.

So... help?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Actually in the topic I acknowledged that GameEx uses registry entries, not that the key itself is one.

Still as I rudely but accurately point in my post above, how to install the program's key should be everywhere for people to see (at least it could be SOMEWHERE for people to see).

In all my years as a GameEX user and Admin, I must admit that I have never seen anyone get bent over not having thorough instructions for the use of a reg key for unlocking features.

Reg keys and install codes for unlocking software has been an industry standard of decades. 

The fact that one of our admins responded to your rudeness at all with helpful information attests to the quality of our staff in helping others. The fact that you chose to respond to this post 3 months later in a manner similar to prior posts does not speak positively for you, sir.

We are here to help and willingly take and act upon sound advice or suggestions. It is one thing to give such. It is another to be condescending or rude.

I do not take rudeness to my fellow staff lightly. I am locking this thread. If you have any complaints about this or the other responses you have received,  please take them up with the upper management.

• Like 1

Hi NLS,

Please feel free to contact me personally with any registration or billing issues.

I don't provide general support on a one to one basis as I just don't have the time but registration and billing issues I do deal with people one to one if necessary.

No need to be upset on this :)

• Like 1