All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Online Custom Background?

millerbrad

Is it just me, or is the custom background feature on GameEx Online not working? It keeps saying I've successfully updated it, but it's stuck as the default blank background (see below in my signature).

Trying to make it my cab's CP:

post-571-0-44195400-1454616632_thumb.png

post-571-0-44195400-1454616632_thumb.png

Hmm.. Fired up PacMan, and it's working now.

Must be something to do with using the Japan clone of Strikers 1945 last, and there was no art in the GameEx Online art database for it. Apparently the default "not found" artwork fills the whole banner.

Oh sure! Didn't even think of it, but yeah I don't think it refreshes that image until it "synchronizes with GameEx" as it were. Otherwise when you upload the new background GameEx Online would have to go back, look at the last game you played, combine that data with your new background image, and refresh the server cache for it to appear. It's possible that it could work that way, but it would create a lot of overhead, and it's more efficient to simply refresh when it syncs up with GameEx. Wouldn't have occurred to me until you mentioned it (maybe eventually, but all the same thanks for reporting back!)

Sounds like you're good to go then? (I can't see anyone's signature images at my current location :lol:)

• Like 1