All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Soooo......

stigzler

Nicely said, Stigz! I have lost count of the number of these types of posts since I get into the hobby. "Which is better...?" or polls, etc. Usually brings out the "textosterone" in the fanboys and trolls. In the end, nothing really good comes out of it until the OP tries each FE and makes up their own mind.

I don't recall ever asking publicily which was better. I downloaded those that showed promise or were actively supported at the time and gave them a go. In the end, I found myself here and the rest is history.

Ha. I'm not going to create an account on that site to talk about how great GameEx is but I remember when I was looking for a front end I came across HyperSpin first. All the pretty colors and fancy spiny shiny things. Ohhhhh. Ahhhhh. And what a pain in the butt to setup. When I did finally get it set up I ended up not even liking it. Enter GameEx. The thing I like about GameEx is that it gets better the more you use it. It grows with you. It can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. And the community. The community is one of the best forum communities I've been a part of. That alone is worth it. In summary: GameEx: Yay!

• Like 1