All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PCSX2BONUS Running on Gameex

Alan Ribas

I am using the PCSX2BONUS to make individual settings on my playstation 2 games, however, when I start the game through these settings the GameEx not lose focu, standing in front of the screen.

Can anyone tell me why this happens and how to solve the problem?

ps. I am also having the same problem when the epsxecutor, if anyone can help me, because I exhausted my options. :(

PLAYSTATION 2.ini

GameEx.ini

log.txt

post-27643-0-96799700-1449674379_thumb.p

I have a quick question on all of this. Does the emulator actually load behind GameEx (i.e. GameEx never loses focus) or does the emulator retain focus for a few seconds before GameEx "comes back" and steals focus? If it's the first issue, I really have no idea. If it's the second issue, you probably need to implement an advanced emulator config. I know for a fact that you need one for ePSXecutor, I can't recall whether you need one for PCSX2 Bonus or not.

Try this - Open your GameEx.ini in notepad. Find this line:

HIDEDESKTOP=True

Change it to:

HIDEDESKTOP=False

Then File> Save

Boot GameEx and see if there is any difference. If so we are on the right track - if not, then we have at least ruled something out :)

No. Whenever I run PCSX2 through GameEx it always worked properly without the problem that PCSX2BONUS features.

I had the same problem using Epsxecutor. In another post I made NullPointer told me that in the case of epsxecutor a change in the Advanced Configuration option was needed. NullPointer handed me the contents of the file needed to make it work.
The PCSX2BONUS goes through the same problem.
Someone using PCSX2BONUS could pass me this file with the .ini extension ??? This file is in the folder "...\GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS"

I think PCSX2Bonus has the same issue as ePSXecutor. Namely PCSX2 Bonus is a game launcher and doesn't continue to run after it does it's job (since PCSX2 is running at that point). The problem is that GameEx is watching the PCSX2 Bonus process rather than PCSX2 itself, so when PCSX2 Bonus ends GameEx takes back focus. You need to tell GameEx to watch PCSX2 in addition to PCSX2 Bonus.

That's what your advanced config will do for you. Once you've made one like it, they're pretty easy. So do the following:

Go to ...\GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS and make a copy of ePSXecutor.ini (the one you made earlier)

Rename the copy to PCSX2 Bonus.ini (or whatever you prefer)

Open the set up wizard and go to the advanced config setting for PCSX2. Select your new advanced config.

Now we'll edit the config to recognize PCSX2

Next to the Advanced Config setting you'll see a "..." button. Click that.

This will open up the advanced config editor. Find the tab labeled Process Wait and click that.

Here's you'll see that Process 1 is specified as ePSXe. We need to change it to recognize PCSX2.

Double click the ePSXe process, and then click it one more time. This should open up a file selector.

Navigate to your PCSX2 executable and double click on that file (make sure you don't select the setup executable!).

Now the advanced config should be setup to recognize when PCSX2 is running.

Hopefully that helps with PCSX2 Bonus. Good luck man!

• Like 1

Many thanks again !!! NullPointer :D

Now the emulator is ahead of GameEx.

Just a detail. When I press the "Esc" button to exit the game, the game ends normally, but the PCSX2 window is still open. And only after closing it is that GameEx back.

I tried to use this command line to close the process: TASKKILL /IM pcsx2-r5875.exe /F

This command-line closes the PCSX2 seconds before after being opened. I use this command line to close the emulator "WinApe" smoothly.

Any idea what might be missing?

It sounds like the PCSX2 GUI is remaining open. Double check your PCSX2 Bonus configs to make sure that you have the No GUI option checked. That will be the first thing to try, and it might clear up your issue. If it doesn't, proceed onwards:

We also might need to make one adjustment to your Advanced Emulator config. I'm not near my gaming computer, but does PCSX2 close properly when you press Alt+F4?

I configured in PCSX2BONUS to the "GUI ON" stay checked. But this created another problem. When press "ESC" to quit the game if it ends but not GameEx back.

If "GUI ON" if I cleared after pressing "ESC" to quit the game if I press ALT + F4 or simply closing the emulator using the mouse it is closed and GameEx back.From what I could understand it seems that GameEx is awaiting the GUI PCSX2 close to return, but as the GUI did not open the GameEx not back.

I think this should be an easy fix, after which you can play some PS2 games. and I can get back to drinking on the job. ;) Let's try the following:

Open the set up wizard and go to the advanced config setting for PCSX2. Make sure you have the proper advanced config selected.

Now we'll edit the config to send Alt+F4 upon exit

Next to the Advanced Config setting you'll see a "..." button. Click that.

This will open up the advanced config editor. Find the tab labeled General and click that.

On this screen find the setting labeled Keys To Send On Exit

Enter %{F4} for that setting (this is the shorthand for Alt+F4)

While your there make sure that Map Escape, Wait For Keys, and Enabled are all enabled (they probably already are)

Hopefully that will get us to where we can exit the emulator properly. And if that works I'd probably go back through my PCSX2 Bonus configs and set them as No GUI (personal preference on that one though).

• Like 1

I read carefully what you've written.
I tried what you said but it still fails.
I dont understand. When I press "ESC" and leave the game comes to the PCSX2 GUI. I press the ALT + F4 keys and PCSX2 closes.
But the "% {F4}" command seems not to work. I tried to add another key to delay this command, getting the key like this:
"{DELAY=3000}% {F4}", but this also did not help. :(

ps. excuse me slow to respond. Installed windows 10 on my pc. It took a while. ^_^

But the "% {F4}" command seems not to work. I tried to add another key to delay this command, getting the key like this:

"{DELAY=3000}% {F4}", but this also did not help. :(

If this is exactly what you have in the Keys To Send On Exit field it won't work. You have a space between % and {F4}, which won't work. You need to enter it exactly as I described, %{F4}. The combination of {DELAY=3000}% {F4} really won't work since that field can only contain keys or a combinations of keys (as described here). Make sure you're editing the advanced emulator config you created earlier.

Personal matter resolved. :D

I used a copy of the file "[Mapping Of] Exit (Close Process)", just adding the executable PCSX2 emulator, as explained above by NullPointer.

The whole problem was that "global key combination to escape" was disabled. I added the "ESC" button and now the PCSX2 emulator closes normally.

Thank you for NullPointer tips !!! You helped me a lot.

Thank you also Draco 1962 and the DazzleHP.

Now I can go to sleep ...... :D