All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Windows roaming profile.

sWampy

Don't know if there is anything you can do about this, but I added my cabinet to my domain the other day, and noticed that when gameex changes the background to black, hides the desktop icons, and changes the font, these get pushed to every other machine I'm logged into. I set them back a few minutes later they get pushed right back. I went into policy manager and tried to turn off roaming profiles everywhere I could find them, but for the life of me I can't get the profiles from getting pushed out.

That only happens to me on 8.1 and above and then only if I'm using the same account. I had to disable the cloud sync to keep that from happening. Not sure if it fits your use case or not.

• Like 1

My guess is that you are using Windows 8/8.1/10. There are several things you can do to avoid this:

- Turn off synch settings between PCs

or

- If using the same account across all machines, only have one account on one machine set to update to your Microsoft account and all others setup a local account.

• Like 1

I was hoping maybe there was a windows call that only changed local desktop color that could be used instead of the global one, and he could only set the font for that screen instead of system wide. I like having one shared account.

I do too, but the desktop wallpaper syncing is worthless really. On my rig there are two monitors. On my local there's three. On my laptop machine there's one. It makes for some really 'fun' results.

You don't have to disable everything, isn't there a way to specify the desktop wallpaper?