All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Problems with SSF and newest version of GameEx

jombee

Just to  backtrack on this,

Using the latest build of GX along side Virtual Clone Drive:

Whilst GX is running (in a widow for ease) and you launch (manually) SSF - it will start to launch and then close. The debug I post shows that the reason is that SSF cannot find a valid drive to use, and so closes.
If GX is not running and SSF is launched, SSF runs fine and launches any media mapped to VCD.

Using the GameEx.EXE from version 14.32 within the folder of the latest GX:

Whilst GX is running (in a widow for ease) and you launch (manually) SSF - SSF starts and runs as expected. Debug shows that the virtual drive is free and ready to be used. 

So, this means it is not a library change from 14.32 to the latest build, but something within the main code base that is causing the issue. Somehow the drive is becoming locked so that SSF cannot get access to it. Very puzzling.

The picture below shows SSF ruling alongside GX using the exe from 14.32, something not possible with later (no idea which build after .32) builds.

I cannot (and will never install it) test using Daemon Tools. So have no idea if it is the same there. But if the problem was the same, then i expect the solution to be the same also. Perhaps someone can do these 2 steps (in bold) using Daemon Tools?

1432.PNG

On 5/10/2016 at 11:41 AM, Tom Speirs said:

Okay then, moving forward.

Here is the setup for 14.32 (I couldn't find 14.33).

Can others please test this? Please also test gameex.exe from the earlier version with the latest install to see if it is a library issue.

Cheers.

Tom.

GameExSetup1432.exe

Hi Tom,

Thanks again for your efforts trying to fix this problem!

I can confirm that when using the old GameEx.exe (executable) from version 14.32 with the newest version 14.48 of GameEx that SSF works perfectly.

Log and Gameex.ini files are attached for your reference.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Awesome Tom,

Will check it out when I get home.

Any clue for us to what the issue was?

Well done on fixing it, can't wait to enjoy some Saturn magic. 

Ok,

Seeing I have harped on about this somewhat (Sorry Tom), I want to confirm that for me it is working a BLOODY treat....... Battle Arena Toshinden - here I come :)

6 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Sorry this has taken me so long to resolve.

The attached works for me with Virtual CloneDrive. Please confirm.

Cheers.

Tom.

GameEx.zip

Hi Tom,

I can confirm the attached Gameex.exe works perfectly with SSF and version 14.48!

Thank you very much for resolving this issue!

YES! It is also working here.

Does anybody know how to make SSF auto choose the Region? I have PAL USA and Japan games and as far as i can see it is only possible to choose one region in the emu. If i want to play an other region i have to first change it in the option of SSF which is a totally nasty and breaks the experience of gameex.

Thanks for fixing the bug!!!

17 hours ago, MoggFanatic said:

YES! It is also working here.

Does anybody know how to make SSF auto choose the Region? I have PAL USA and Japan games and as far as i can see it is only possible to choose one region in the emu. If i want to play an other region i have to first change it in the option of SSF which is a totally nasty and breaks the experience of gameex.

Thanks for fixing the bug!!!

There is a "Sega Saturn Region Patcher" program available that changes regions for Saturn games.

You can set your BIOS to one region, and change all your games to match.

I believe some games do need the bios to function properly.

• Like 1

I have replaced my exe with the bug fix version but i am still having problems when using daemon tools. As some of my saturn roms are mds files i cant use virtual clone drive.

A game ex message box appears every time with daemon tools (attached) this must be oked before the game can start, not preventing me from playing games but it is rather annoying. Am i missing a setting?, or is this still a bug to be fixed?game ex mounting error box.jpg

I may have left some code in there while trying to fix this. If I did it would be do something that would happen if something went wrong like DT or VCD not being installed.

I will look into it.

Sorry, I am lagging a bit behind at the moment.

Cheers.

Tom.

On 5/21/2016 at 5:52 PM, Tom Speirs said:

I may have left some code in there while trying to fix this. If I did it would be do something that would happen if something went wrong like DT or VCD not being installed.

I will look into it.

Sorry, I am lagging a bit behind at the moment.

Cheers.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

This issue should be marked "RESOLVED"

SSF works perfectly again with version 14.49

Thank you very much for fixing this!