All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Media packs issue

Viktory2k1

Hello all! I am new to this site although I bought a subscription a while back. I usually go to a different site VPF, I don't think you can name sites, the problem I am having is I have 128 or 124 tables(not sure) and about 20 dont have media packs and I was told this is the place to be, I will post some pics of what I mean. None of mine have sound for the media packs or scrolling through games like the pinballx video does so let me start small. I like this...

IMG_1082_zpsjgigwxiq.jpg

while browsing

I don't like this...

IMG_1083_zpsd17qjlwd.jpg

This is all a test setup for my cab and the playfield is the one I will be using but the backglass is just a test monitor. I am struggling getting all the "media packs" and if I could have sound clips, even better. This is the cab so far...

IMG_0663_zps1fkyfhlx.jpg

IMG_0642_zpsb4sthpmp.jpg

These are just some randome pics but if anyone can tell me where to download stuff and what my membership means, I would Love IT!

Thank you, Vic

Hi pal! Nice cab you've got going there! :D

You usally download media packs (flyer/wheel/inst.cards) from either

vpforums or vpuniverse, for the soundfiles when scrolling through your tables you go here to gameex forums ;)

The easiest way of downloading them here is via the FTP.

cheers!

Posting the information found in the client area needed to configure your FTP client"

Scratched the basic member info since it doesn't apply to you.

FTP Access:
Site: online.gameex.com
Port: Default (21)
Username: Your forum username or email address.
Password: Your forum password.
Basic members can browse the FTP and upload on port 22.

• Like 2

I have no idea how to get to what I am looking for, wheel images, and table images when browsing my tables, sound would be cool too but now I have 128 tables and 20+ without wheel images. I love the pinballx intro video and thats what I need where on here can I find that? Thanks tthurman! I just don't know where to go. Vic

gStAv, thank you, I need to make it better so I will get to it. The cab is custom built around a 46" playfield and a 32" backglass, the DMD is an old 17" monitor. I found plans online and really had to mod them for this to all fit and be in proportion, It is still close to a standard widebody cab within an inch or 2. I can't find any FTP here.

If your not familiar with FTP clients, then after you download and install Filezilla check out this guide for help setting it up to connect.

nullPointer is spot on, this is probably the most popular FTP software there is, and for good reason. The quick connect works fine, but you can configure the site manager for more convenient repeated access, just make sure you select "account" and plug in your GameEx info.

You have to get used to looking at directories on the ftp server, and browsing to the titles you want. From there it's just a simple exercise of using the tool bar to pull down the files to your local directory.

• Like 1

OK, got FileZilla up and running but I have to do what you said and create a login and link the 2 sites, It is too late at night for me to do this, I have a broken back in 2 places and lots of meds so I need some time to digest all this, it looks pretty basic but maybe tomorrow. WOW, once I get this figured out this will be amazing. Funny how I cannot find any type of media pack or anything for haunted house. I will keep on trying. Vic

Honestly I haven't browsed the PBX FTP, so I don't know the content. As you are likely aware it is made up largely of member contributions, and so there is no guarantee that everything you're looking for will be there, but hopefully most of it will. Sounds like you are taking to it pretty quick, you'll be an old pro in no time flat.

I've read your build thread over at VPF after you first posted here, and I look forward to seeing everything up and running for you. Sweet setup you've got!

Guess snowmobile season got you already huh?

Take care of them bones :cheers:

Yeah, I'll get it fast, out of the pain meds now so can consentrate better. Except I thought it would be a good idea to dig out the fire pit today, not such a good idea.LOL

My left shoulder and arm and back ready to fall off. I have had this back stuff for nearly 18 years so pretty used to it but is suddenly got worse about 5 years ago and seems to keep getting worse but I'll live.

Sheesh, I just put the same info in the other pc and it won't let me connect.

Victory2k1, for the easier option just go to the gamemanager.exe in your pinballx folder.

From there you should be able to just select the dropdown for wheel, backglass, audio, etc.. and download the file you need. It will name the downloaded file the same name as your table and put it in the right folder automatically.

This method will take a while to get all your tables done, but if you just have a handful with missing files it's pretty nice.

• Like 2

Victory2k1, for the easier option just go to the gamemanager.exe in your pinballx folder.

From there you should be able to just select the dropdown for wheel, backglass, audio, etc.. and download the file you need. It will name the downloaded file the same name as your table and put it in the right folder automatically.

This method will take a while to get all your tables done, but if you just have a handful with missing files it's pretty nice.

:cheers:

OK, I downloaded about 7 wheel images and they show up in the wheel images folder and only a few showed up while running pinballx, HMMMM

Also, Some I cannot find but that is probably because they might be original tables, Saturn 2 and Orbitor1 to nabe a few, I'll get this

Weird story here, I took a break from this(2 days) and started again and got alot of images but I also noticed the mu table count kept going down or staying the same. I think if you open them outside of pinballx, then they disappear from your game manager, I spent 2 hours puting them back in and now I have 146 tables but most are missing backglasses and wheel images, why would the go away? they were still in the tables folder but not pinballx, and even weirder, all my script changes were still there when I put the tables back to pinballx. My solution is to click launch in the game manager instead on opening them in visual pinball first to make backglass changes, does this make any sense. Not to me but if it works.......Vic

OK, here is where I am now...

IMG_1091_zpsqduxrxnw.jpg

IMG_1092_zpsyycm4zi0.jpg

I need to put db2s backglasses in some of these and if I am in the mood, I might try sound files but it seemes everyone disables that because the thing will be making noise all day or night for attract mode.

IMG_0663_zps1fkyfhlx.jpg

IMG_0652_zpsflufi3j7.jpg

You can always take screenshots through Pinball X. I make my own screenshots for every table I have. This way I can see if the table/backglass in question is indeed an upgrade or not. Setup your screengrabs via Pinball X and all you have to download are wheels. If you don't find what you're looking for here, check out my site for the remainder. I share my cabinet backup on my site with all members, just as they do here with the FTP.

Let's see, at last count my cab had:

188 EM tables

358 Solid State Tables

115 DMD Tables

13 Sam Tables

10 Cocktail Tables

8 Bowlers

(684 including 8 Bowlers)

About 30 more to add when I can.

I MIGHT be missing as many as 6 wheels. ;)

Is it me or is the FTP server always down? I can only connect every few days, I got what you are saying itchigo. Thanks! Please visit my FB page under Vic Steckhan.

Damn, down again! OK, I tried 1 last time and it connecred! I double checked for fat fingering which I do alot, especially after pain meds but now it is working, sweet!.

I know I started this topic in the help section but I need to learn something new. I have a whole bunch of tables when you scroll the wheel, it will show the wheel image no BG or table image and I cannot find them anywhere so I want to make my own, This is windows 10 build 10586 which isn't the best build I have gotten, my question is this. I go to pinballx, start it and scroll throught the tables and I see a missing backglass or playfield, launch game and click alt+prt sc on the backglass and on playfield, save them to the media folders, rename and it will work? the problem is I do not know how to do a screen shot. Can anyone help? Thankyou, Vic