All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Magic Engine x Drive SCSI x Windows 10

Alan Ribas

Previously, using the "Windows 7" used the following command lines to make the "Magic Engine 1.1.3" emulator running on my computer:

Command=pce.exe -cd:F

LaunchAfter="C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount scsi, 0
LaunchBefore="C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount scsi, 0, "[RomPath]\[RomFile]"
But did the upgrade to "Windows 10". And now comes this message when I try to create a virtual SCSI drive:
"the SCSI pass through direct does not work in this version of windows".
I created a virtual drive DT, but the Magic Engine emulator does not recognize that there is a CD. Only when creating the SCSI DRIVE emulator that recognized the CD.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? :blink:

GameEx.ini

TURBO GRAFX CD.ini

Here is the file you asked me !!

Current version installed on my computer: "DAEMON Tools Lite 4491-0356"

I installed the latest version of Daemon Tools program (5.0.1.0406), but could not create virtual drives with her. So I went back to the previous version.

Thanks a lot for the help!!!

log.txt

You will need the latest version of DTools with Windows 10, the SCSI driver doesn't work with the legacy version on W10. Also the mount and unmount command have changed.

Finally your drive will only be created when you mount a disc (as in 'on the fly').

Maybe want to look into the Virtual Drive Loader plugin. ;)

Got it Adultery.
I tried setting the "Virtual Drive Loader".Also updated the "Daemon Tools" for its latest version. But when you start the emulator, pressing the "ENTER" button opens this screen below (attached photo):

By clicking in the game to try to play it, I left the window "My Computer" open. I noticed that no virtual drive is created.

But after installing the latest version of "Daemon Tools" you could tell me what command line should use?

Could you tell me also how to create DT and SCSI virtual drives in this new version of "Daemon Tools"? I tried this and failed.

post-27643-0-78246100-1446600804_thumb.j

Thank you Krakerman!!!

I changed the way as recommended me! Made progress !!

I realized that the virtual drive was created. But that message still appears that pulled out a print screen in my previous posts.

Also now there is a new error. A message saying:

"syntax error in unmonte parameter (I took a screen shot)." This message appears after I leave the emulator and try to return to the menu GameEx.

As you can see in GameEx screen, appears at the bottom right of that option will open some media.

Note: Whenever I tried to use the Magic Engine emulator to create a TD drive, this emulator does not recognize that there was a virtual disk in the drive. Just when I created a SCSI drive is that the emulator recognized that over there existed a CD. In short the only thing that is missing is to make the emulator recognize the DT drive that was created. I have seen posts in this forum of people who managed it. But even if I copied the command line that they used could not get the same results.

post-27643-0-51008900-1446642913_thumb.j

I am using this pluguin yes . I edited an earlier message and there added a screen shot . I wonder if the prompts are correct.
One mistake that I said above , I think I know what's causing it. The virtual drive is created , but when I leave the game it is not being dismantled .
This means that the command line is not correct?

Here's the command line documentation for the latest version DaemonTools Lite. Among other things it looks like you no longer specify the enumeration of the drive to unmount but rather the letter of the drive. But ... I don't think you need to specify the mount and unmount commands at all in the plugin configuration. If you leave those fields blank, I'm pretty sure Virtual Drive Loader detects your virtual drive software appropriately and automatically supplies the proper commands. The configuration fields are only used if you want to provide custom commands. If you're not doing anything "unusual" I think you can leave them blank.

You also need to go into the daemon tools settings and allow it to unmount all. That's the way my plug in and is able to determine that it needs to unmount without a drive letter.

• Like 1

The options " dismount all" and "dismount virtual drive when it is used" are all selected.

Currently these are my command lines that are inserted into the Virtual Drive Loader Plugin.

Mounting the CD : -mount dt, "[RomPathFull]"
unMounting the CD: -unmount 0

Command lines above are correct?

I can not understand. In theory, using this plugin with these command lines the game should work?
I swear I do not understand. The solution presented by you seems to have solved the problem of many in this forum.
But in my case, even if I can create a virtual drive, I can not do the Magic Engine emulator identify the drive emulated.
When do the emulation drive and manually enter the emulator and go on the option "Boot CD", it is written the phrase "NO CD". My emulator only identify the CD when the virtual drive created was a SCSI.
Is there anyone with a problem similar to mine? Or I am the blessed unique with it ??? :(

Currently these are my command lines that are inserted into the Virtual Drive Loader Plugin.

Mounting the CD : -mount dt, "[RomPathFull]"

unMounting the CD: -unmount 0

Command lines above are correct?

Nope. I posted above that your unmount command was wrong and it still is. Your dt parameter in your mount command is also wrong if you're trying to mount a scsi drive. But now that you've updated your "unmount all" settings in DaemonTools you should be able to erase those settings entirely from the plugin settings. As Adultery explained, the plugin will automatically detect and execute the proper commands without those settings.

Firstly, what is your emulator command line for it in GameEx? Does it contain the trigger that tells the plugin to load the game? It should look like this:

pce.exe [DTools-SCSI]

I'm 100% sure it works because I use this emulator.

Nothing at all in launch before OR launch after. If you added command line settings in the plugin setup yourself, delete them. You won't need them.

Do you have the plugin enabled? I know this question seems silly, but I see it all the time. Open the GameEx Setup Wizard > Plugins page and verify that there's a check in the box.

If it still doesn't work, post the contents of your runitgame.bat - and just to make sure, you did install an SCSI drive when you installed Daemon Tools, right?

• Like 1

My current command line to the Magic Engine emulator is: "pce.exe -cd:F"

I removed any command line that existed before or after the release.

The virtual Plugin Driver Loader comes with an automatic command line, so I chose the TURBO GRAFX CD option among my emulators configured command lines below automatically arose:

Mounting the CD: -mount dt, "[RomPathFull]"

unmounting the CD: -unmount 0

I did a test and removed these command lines, but once you have done this, the virtual drive was not created by the "Daemon Tools".

I checked and the plugin is enabled yes.

About creating a SCSI drive, I can not do this by using the newest version of "Daemon Tools". I tried here but I found the option to do so.

You could give me a step by step how to set this up?

Finally, I changed the emulator command line to the one suggested above (pce.exe [DTools-SCSI]). Nothing happened. Perhaps because even my setup is not entirely correct. If still can not even create a virtual SCSI drive. :wacko:

I still need your runitgame.bat and don't worry about what the command line says in the configuration for the plugin. As a matter of fact, delete the settings.xml in the GameEx>Plugins>DT Loader folder.

You will need an scsi drive and one can be created, I can't help with that at the moment since I'm away from home, hopefully someone else can step in on that.

Finally I got !!!!
I explain briefly what I did:
1) My current command line: pce.exe -cd:F (Being the letter "F" letter of virtual drive to be created)
2) I removed any command line that existed before or after the release.
3) Using the Virtual Driver Loader Plugin enter the following command line:
Mounting the CD: -mount scsi, "[RomPathFull]"
unmounting the CD: -unmount F (letter is a letter of the virtual device you want to eject)
And ready!! I started working here !!!
Thank Adultery, NullPointer, Draco 1962 and Krakerman !!!
It was a conversation with you that was giving me ideas on what to try !!! Thank you all for your help !!! I would not have done it without you guys !!! :D