All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Man you guys are good. I played about 45 minutes and this is the best I could do.

That doesn't sound good for me. I haven't played yet. If a good player like you says it's hard, I'm sunk!

That's what I'm talkin' about.

BAM - 180,300

Way to take 1st place! I'm sure Gimme will be back to beat ya though! :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Wow !! Nice score Millerbrad. I was able to beat 160K but 180 is tough ! But I won't give up ;)

Thanks.. I really just focus on the two easiest challenges. On my high score, I did a round on the drums and balls before going to my usual easy stages.

I just now looked at the strategy wiki. I managed to stumble into a lot of the bonuses on my own. Didn't realize you could get a freebie life by just jumping three times at the beginning of the lion stage, though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Please join me in congratulating our latest GOTM winner!

millerbrad - 223,520 (link)

With his latest entry, millerbrad snuck (or sneaked, whichever you prefer) passed GimmeClassics and took the lead. Nobody tried to best him, so his score stands as the best! The Holidays are upon us, and that means we won't have an official GOTM for December. Instead, we would like to invite you to participate in our 2015 Christmas Competition taking place over in "The Arena". In the mean time, the HS Mods will get a new poll established for the game we will all play in January. Stay tuned!

As we always say with each new GOTM... please don't stop submitting new scores! Just because the monthly contest is over, that doesn't mean we can't try to beat the winner. You won't be able win the prestige of having your name at the top of the OP for all eternity, but you will still be able to earn points towards your placement on the Overall Leaderboard, and your name could be at the top of the high score table!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Taking a break for GOTM for Jan 2016? If so I understand...I was just curious.

Suggestions for the new year...hmmmm

Track and Field

Try to get the highest overall score with no outside objects used to make you run faster

Major Havok

A buddy introduced this to me this past summer and I am horrible but it is really cool.

Paper Boy

It has some tougher controls but there are docs on how to tweak and once they are tweaked I think it plays well on my cabinet

Pinball X High Score Community?

Anyone interested interested in doing the same thing you guys did here but with Pinball X. I'd be interested in being the mod if no one else wanted to do it...but I think there would be a decent following to that High Score Table Comp as well.

Anyway...happy new year!

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions. This very topic was just recently brought to my attention via PM from Draco. To be 100% honest and forthcoming.. I don't know what's going to happen. The last official communique I had with GC was that he was going to be very much less frequent to the site here, and that updates won't come as often as they had been. He's having a lot of personal real-life issues that's taking a lot of his time. This is very understandable. However, he was the primary driving force for getting us to where we are. All the pushes to Tom and the other Mods to get us our own dedicated forum, a special Mod-level permission scheme so we can edit and update the tables, the databases, etc. These were all initiated by GC, with me and Dazzle pretty much bringing in support. With him 95% out of the picture, there's a lot of work that needs done without him. A big contribution GC was providing was his lists of games we were asking for people to vote on. He also was the resident artist for creating the various banners/badges for the winners. He also provides the primary banner art we use for each new game's table header. The smaller stuff, like maintaining the tables with new updates, and updating the databases were being handled by me and Daz. All the MAJOR stuff was GC.

Going forward, I was well aware of the fact we had not announced any new January updates. We don't have a GOTM yet, nor do we have an active running Poll to vote for February. I think it was decided via PM's that the next game we would play was going to be Moon Patrol, but we were (are) waiting for the official announcement from GC. The Christmas Competition kinda threw people for a loop too. I was very busy with work this holiday season and never had the chance to really do much else than vote for the games to play. All of the tables were being updated by GC (or maybe Daz, I dunno because I never even looked in that thread). Now that the Christmas Competition is over, we still haven't even announced the winner(s) yet. So that's definitely something else that needs to be addressed. There were some other tidbits we were getting excited about involving awards for meeting certain scoring criteria (badges/medals for achieving a pre-determined scoring plateau). These were in the works up until GC announced his early vacation from the competitions (I say vacation hoping that retirement was the wrong word!). We had other ideas too, to try to keep the competition fresh and going strong. Unfortunately it looks like the competition has stagnated and dried out. There hasn't really been any new scores submitted (aside from MO's 1940's games (thanks MO!)) so it looks like the community has lost interest. I, for one, hope this is just a holiday lull and not really true. I think what's setting people off is that idea that they no longer have the opportunity to win that GOTM winner banner, so they just stop playing those games. The truth of the matter is, there is still the overall leaderboard, and by submitting scores that are higher than the GOTM's winning score, you can still increase your position on the overall board and in fact take 1st place overall, even if you don't have the highest score on some of the other games. This is the jewel of our system, yet is constantly being overlooked to the point where once a GOTM game is over, nobody cares to play it anymore. I wonder if maybe we should just eliminate the GOTM altogether? Nah that's just silly. We get more community involvement when there is a new game and games to vote on.

I hope we hear from GC soon as to where we're going forward with this board. I, for one, hope we can continue it. It's fun. That's all there is to say.

• Like 1

I would hate to see the HS comp disappear. I may not be as active with posting scores but I come to this forum at least once a day to see if anything new has changed.

It will be tough to give an incentive for other to improve their scores besides the idea of just wanting to improve, which I do attempt but often fail so no new scores get posted :) As Christmas comp...i agree just too much going on. I would not base the life span of GOTM based on the that competition. If anything I think we should just not do a GOTM or Comp for december going forward.

I know my way around Photoshop and would taking over the responsibility of creating the GOTM winner banner if I can get GC's .psd file to start from.

• Like 1

Hey Guys!

I joined in March of 2014 and I have had an absolute blast here at GameEx!!

I have spent most of my time in the Top players shadow, feverishly chasing that ever so elusive Top Spot on the Leaderboard. I still am nowhere close, and I have a better chance getting hit by lightning than passing him.

With players like EE and KRC, along with GC and Dazz, HS77, RTKI3, Cynicaster, YJ and a few others, I think we're strong enough to run a competition. Unfortunately, not all of these fellas have been around much, but who knows. They could be back.

The layout is original and could provide a ton of friendly competition. With the proper amount of partipation, the GOTM is awesome because it keeps things updated and it doesn't get stale.

As for suggestions, could we wipe the boards clean and archive the scores for each game, the top 3 or 4 spots? Start over on the Leaderboard too. That might work, but it might not work too, I am not sure.

Whatever it takes to keep this great site going, I am in.

• Like 2

A suggestion: Run the GOTM comps for February through September, with the Halloween Comp running from October 1 through November 15, followed by the Christmas Comp from November 19 through December 31. So that would be 7 monthly comps and 2 1-1/2 month comps, followed by a 1 month break for the month of January.

Might be a little easier to manage and take the holidays into account. Also, might lower the number of games for each comp, especially the Holiday Comps. Easier for the support staff to manage and the members to keep track.

• Like 2

I hope we hear from GC soon as to where we're going forward with this board. I, for one, hope we can continue it. It's fun. That's all there is to say.

That's my position on this as well. I've been here watching all the latest developments and I was one of the few that played the Christmas comp. I've been busy with stuff off the computer as well. Plus, the Yolympics are coming up in a couple of weeks, I'm going to be a team captain there.

Not much any of us can do until we hear back from GC. The next GOTM that comes up, you know I'll be here for it!

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions. This very topic was just recently brought to my attention via PM from Draco. To be 100% honest and forthcoming.. I don't know what's going to happen. The last official communique I had with GC was that he was going to be very much less frequent to the site here, and that updates won't come as often as they had been. He's having a lot of personal real-life issues that's taking a lot of his time. This is very understandable. However, he was the primary driving force for getting us to where we are. All the pushes to Tom and the other Mods to get us our own dedicated forum, a special Mod-level permission scheme so we can edit and update the tables, the databases, etc. These were all initiated by GC, with me and Dazzle pretty much bringing in support. With him 95% out of the picture, there's a lot of work that needs done without him. A big contribution GC was providing was his lists of games we were asking for people to vote on. He also was the resident artist for creating the various banners/badges for the winners. He also provides the primary banner art we use for each new game's table header. The smaller stuff, like maintaining the tables with new updates, and updating the databases were being handled by me and Daz. All the MAJOR stuff was GC.

Going forward, I was well aware of the fact we had not announced any new January updates. We don't have a GOTM yet, nor do we have an active running Poll to vote for February. I think it was decided via PM's that the next game we would play was going to be Moon Patrol, but we were (are) waiting for the official announcement from GC. The Christmas Competition kinda threw people for a loop too. I was very busy with work this holiday season and never had the chance to really do much else than vote for the games to play. All of the tables were being updated by GC (or maybe Daz, I dunno because I never even looked in that thread). Now that the Christmas Competition is over, we still haven't even announced the winner(s) yet. So that's definitely something else that needs to be addressed. There were some other tidbits we were getting excited about involving awards for meeting certain scoring criteria (badges/medals for achieving a pre-determined scoring plateau). These were in the works up until GC announced his early vacation from the competitions (I say vacation hoping that retirement was the wrong word!). We had other ideas too, to try to keep the competition fresh and going strong. Unfortunately it looks like the competition has stagnated and dried out. There hasn't really been any new scores submitted (aside from MO's 1940's games (thanks MO!)) so it looks like the community has lost interest. I, for one, hope this is just a holiday lull and not really true. I think what's setting people off is that idea that they no longer have the opportunity to win that GOTM winner banner, so they just stop playing those games. The truth of the matter is, there is still the overall leaderboard, and by submitting scores that are higher than the GOTM's winning score, you can still increase your position on the overall board and in fact take 1st place overall, even if you don't have the highest score on some of the other games. This is the jewel of our system, yet is constantly being overlooked to the point where once a GOTM game is over, nobody cares to play it anymore. I wonder if maybe we should just eliminate the GOTM altogether? Nah that's just silly. We get more community involvement when there is a new game and games to vote on.

All I can say is ... thank you ! I'm glad you're part of our HS Team. I've absolutely noticed you've been updating our boards and I really appreciate it !!

I hate the fact I'm not spending as much time on our competition as before. It's partly because I've had a rough time and partly because I've prioritezed a few things in my life. I've met a very nice girl not too long ago. I'm very happy right now but - as you probably all know - it's also taking a lot of time and energy starting a relationship ;)

I would hate to see the HS comp disappear. I may not be as active with posting scores but I come to this forum at least once a day to see if anything new has changed.

It will be tough to give an incentive for other to improve their scores besides the idea of just wanting to improve, which I do attempt but often fail so no new scores get posted :) As Christmas comp...i agree just too much going on. I would not base the life span of GOTM based on the that competition. If anything I think we should just not do a GOTM or Comp for december going forward.

I know my way around Photoshop and would taking over the responsibility of creating the GOTM winner banner if I can get GC's .psd file to start from.

It will absolutely not disappear ! More info below ;)

You've been part of our competition from the start and I appreciate your involvement. Thank you Rich for your enthusiasm and I really hope you'll stick with us :)

And thank you for offering your help designing our banners ! I'm thinking of re-designing some stuff so I could definitely use your help. Especially keeping banners / medals up to date. Again, more info below :)

Hey Guys!

I joined in March of 2014 and I have had an absolute blast here at GameEx!!

I have spent most of my time in the Top players shadow, feverishly chasing that ever so elusive Top Spot on the Leaderboard. I still am nowhere close, and I have a better chance getting hit by lightning than passing him.

With players like EE and KRC, along with GC and Dazz, HS77, RTKI3, Cynicaster, YJ and a few others, I think we're strong enough to run a competition. Unfortunately, not all of these fellas have been around much, but who knows. They could be back.

The layout is original and could provide a ton of friendly competition. With the proper amount of partipation, the GOTM is awesome because it keeps things updated and it doesn't get stale.

As for suggestions, could we wipe the boards clean and archive the scores for each game, the top 3 or 4 spots? Start over on the Leaderboard too. That might work, but it might not work too, I am not sure.

Whatever it takes to keep this great site going, I am in.

It's great to hear you're having a blast here at our HS competition. You're one of our most enthusiastic players ! It means a lot to me you're always posting scores - even when our competition perhaps is going through a rough patch !

Thank you MO for your involvement and you're willingness to help us out keeping ths great competition going !

That's my position on this as well. I've been here watching all the latest developments and I was one of the few that played the Christmas comp. I've been busy with stuff off the computer as well. Plus, the Yolympics are coming up in a couple of weeks, I'm going to be a team captain there.

Not much any of us can do until we hear back from GC. The next GOTM that comes up, you know I'll be here for it!

ExedExes....our hi-score king ! I've said it before...but I absolutely appreciate the fact you're part of our HS competition ! I really hope you'll stick with us. Good luck @ the Yolympics !!

As for our Hi-score competition...

I'm still very motivated to keep things going !! Thank you Han for all the praises...it really means a lot ! I've started this competition because I'm really in love with the Classic Arcade Scene ! That will never change. Involving awards / medals for achieving a pre-determined scoring plateau and medals for winning a GOTM competition is still something I really want to incorporate in our competition. However, I do want to prevent making promises right I can't keep...It's important keeping things manageable !

Creating a poll, designing a banner, declaring monthly winners, updating tables / databases, keeping the games list, GOTM winners list up to date together with introducing 1 to 2 new games per month is too much perhaps. It sure is right now...

So where to go from here ?

* GOTM competition. I do think we should keep this but perhaps not on a montly basis. Perhaps every 3 months and 2 or 3 holiday comps...

I'm not sure if February is too soon. I'd like to have a new competition upcoming March !

* I'd really like to update the design of our GOTM winner banners...working our way to all icon-based awards. Designing this and finding a good way to manage this is still taking some time ! I'd like to accept Rich's offer to help us out. If he wants to of course !

* updating the Christmas comp, our Leaderboard, declaring Millerbrad as our winner, designing a winner banner, updating our GOTM winners list and Games List will still take some time I'm afraid. I'll update it as soon as I can ! Sorry about that Millerbrad and Ex ;)

So, again...it perhaps doesn't look like it...but I'm still very motivated to manage this competition and play our games of course ! Not being around too much will never mean I've lost interest ! I hope I kind of explained the reason of not being around as much as I want to.

Thank you all for sticking around !! It means a lot :)

• Like 3