All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx Auto Update - Heads Up

Tom Speirs

Just a heads up but the GameEx Install has moved to the forum here and moving forward you will need to have your GameEx Online login credentials entered into the setup wizard or one of the other included apps for auto updates to continue to work.

So, if GameEx is not auto updating you know why :)

This does also mean an online services subscription is required for auto updates in the future so get the moans and complaints that I am not buying you a free lunch until you are 95 out the way now please ;)

Just wanted to explain a bit on the online services and GameEx Evolution and GameEx lifetime licenses purchased many years ago.

The Online Services, including, GameEx Online, FTP, and Repository is a new separate service and not part of "GameEx" "Desktop" software and never was. In addition GameEx Evolution, despite the GameEx in the name is a completely new product built from the ground up. I cant simply give these "new" products and services away to you even if you did give me $15 ten years ago. They are costing me more than I make to develop. If you want the best (or what aims to be) you or someone have to spend a few dollars in the investment of it.

The cut off point to get them for free is August 2013. So if you purchased between August 2013 and October 2015 or are marked as s special member (eg Contributor) you are covered. Personally, I feel that is quite generous.

I just felt I had to make this perfectly clear for those who somehow feel hurt by years of support and free updates. more than you would get elsewhere and expect me to heavily invest in and release two new products and give them to you for free. I know 99.9% realise that but for the .1% that don't please direct them to this post.

Cheers.

Tom.

PS: I am normally a great and generous guy but I needed to make it clear once and for all.

• Like 4

I just upgraded from legacy member to Evolution lifetime member and I still feel like I'm getting a good deal. If you look at it kind of like a Kickstarter project you can't be that upset. You're paying for a future product and you get to use the current, still awesome, product while you're waiting.

• Like 2