All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Issue with model 2 not loading games inside gameex

aldub516

::EDIT::

So i dont know what i managed to finally do, but i suppose maybe because the roms were on a separate drive they werent loading? I copied my model 2 folder onto the main gameex drive into its own folder and it now works.. beats me..

Hey all. Quite a long time since ive been around, which i guess is good.. Anyways, im working on a new build for someone and they gave me a rather old computer, but it runs all emus and such fine. My only problem is i cant seem to get gameex to load games with sega model 2. The funny thing is, i have the exact same setup on my main working pc. Theres not many things to change around or add. I enable model 2 in gameex. I point it to the model 2 main folder in gameex settings.. I have the model 2 roms in the model 2 folder, and i copied those over to my MAME rom folder.. And as far as i know, i was supposed to change the info in the model2 ini to direct it to my MAME rom folder, not my model 2 rom folder. i included my ini and log, im hoping someone can help. As i said im basically duplicating my other pc, but for some reason this wont work

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Glad you figured it out.

In all honesty, it's not that uncommon for people working from backups to completely miss paths as the culprit - you try to emulate exactly as you did on the working system, but literally just one minor mistake can throw the whole thing into chaos ^_^

That's why i would normally recommend to start over on a new system, but glad you got it sorted in the end.

Locking for the benefit of my colleagues.