All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Problem Resolution

pisuke

You do know that you don't have to reinstall Windows to troubleshoot and resolve most of the errors you are encountering, right?

That should be a matter of last resort and only if things are not working for other programs or Windows in general.

This problem is not a GameEx generated problem. We just try to help you here and i am (no offense) a little sad, by your short descriptions and answers. To tell you the truth, i cant really estimate the problem, because in one post you write this and in another something different, so it is hard to tell, what is really happening. I still dont know exactly, how your MAME behaves (without GameEx) ?

From all your posts, it seems you are not able to switch resolution with Windows 7 alone, which indicates that you have some graphics card driver problem, maybe a messed up Windows 7 installation or your monitor is not able to change the resolution, to something different than 1366x768. This resolution also indicates more a TV than a monitor. At least it is not a common resolution for a computer monitor.

So our first step and goal, is to get a working solution outside of GameEx (do not use it). This means that your windows 7 alone, needs to be able to switch resolutions. Right click on your desktop and choose "screen resolution". Under "resolution", check what resolutions are available and tell it to us please.

please remove the SLG-3000 from your setup... we can add it later, when the setup is working correct.

please uninstall your hrc program

please install newest drivers for your nvidia gt 730: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

please use the "Auto-Detect Your GPU" function here.

please install new direct x drivers: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=36805

if all of this does not help, create a new user-account for windows 7 and test your setup with a new user-account.

• Like 2