All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Problem Resolution

pisuke

hi

My monitor has 1366 x 768 max resolution that is great with naomi 2 games.. but when i start in this max resolution gameex i have problem in mame games ...because i need that mame works at 800x600 to use scanline generator...

i tried to install hrc that changes resolution with a button configuration but doesent work because when i change video config (i start in 1366 ) in 800x600 automatically switch in 1366..

i read other post in the forum but i dont find solution.

thanks for any advice

GameEx.ini

log.txt

What version of MAME are you using that requires a scan line generator? Keep in mind that, while someone that is using the same MAME version you are running may be able to help you, GameEx supports official MAME Dev builds only.

Is the issue that you're using the resolution changing application for MAME, but it doesn't do anything when you activate the hotkey while running MAME through GameEx?

Edit:

Also possibly related - If I recall correctly, you are using an IPAC (or similar keyboard encoder), correct?

Is the issue that you're using the resolution changing application for MAME, but it doesn't do anything when you activate the hotkey while running MAME through GameEx?

Edit:

Also possibly related - If I recall correctly, you are using an IPAC (or similar keyboard encoder), correct?

i use ipac2.

when i press the combo button the resolution changes for 1 second then return to the basic (1366x

yes it s correct what you said

Possibly driver related but hard to say. Being that we're dealing with a third party application to generate scan lines and a third party application to switch resolutions, there are a lot of moving parts here.

I'm going to throw you a curve ball. Rather than faffing about trying to make this current solution work, have you looked into using MAME's inbuilt support for HLSL (or alternately OpenGL) shaders? I would say that this approach is much more in keeping with the "MAME vision" of how to properly apply shaders, filters and whatnot. It's just a thought, but it is the first approach that I would try.

(Although fair warning, you would probably want to update to the most recent version of MAME)

I know you said in another thread that you loaded the nvidia driver from the CD after your last reimage of the PC to get it working right with GameEx. Have you gone to the manufacturer's site for your video card to see if there is an updated driver for it since you got the display stabilized?

is there a shortcut in gameex to add a game directly to favorites? making test take a lot of time... better if i choose from preferite games

Yes. Load the Setup Wizard> Custom> Enable/Disable Features.

Find: Show Game Information

Change to: Yes

Now, when you choose a game, you will get a secondary screen, from which you can choose "Add to Favorites"

Ok... if I understand you correctly, you want a resolution of 800x600 while playing MAME and 1366x768 if you are going back to GameEx.

You can change the resolution in your mame.ini and force MAME to switch to 800x600. Just look for this section and change it to this:

## OSD PER-WINDOW VIDEO OPTIONS#screen                    autoaspect                    autoresolution                autoview                      autoscreen0                   \\.\DISPLAY1aspect0                   autoresolution0               800x600@0view0                     autoscreen1                   autoaspect1                   autoresolution1               autoview1                     autoscreen2                   autoaspect2                   autoresolution2               autoview2                     autoscreen3                   autoaspect3                   autoresolution3               autoview3                     auto

You can also copy and paste this.

I also use a hardware scanline-generator... a SLG-3000 for my XBOX from time to time ;) .

• Like 1

and you are sure you can switch to 800x600 outside of MAME, i.e. your desktop? Because this is really strange otherwise. If the resolution is available, MAME is forced to use it by the mame.ini .

You could also try to deinstall you hrc.exd software program and to try it again. Maybe this program is blocking something.

Do you use only one screen, or two? What videomod do you use in MAME... direct3D, direct draw or OpenGL ?

• Like 1

yes it's correct. it's that software

i tried now .. in windows desktop no problems.

when i switch in mame (outside gameex) in 800x600 the game appear in the upper left corner ... not in full screen.

but is the resolution really 800x600? does run MAME in fullscreen, but is small in the upper left corner or does MAME run in a window?

do you have installed the direct X drivers, as you said you did a fresh install on your pc?