All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 14.40

Tom Speirs

I would caution the idea of uninstalling Shark. If it uninstalls the codecs it installed, it could break the LAV codecs. But, if somebody can find an easy way to reinstall them, it's probably a safe bet.

I uninstalled the Shark007 codec pack and, even though I had LAV installed separately, it did cause a problem with some videos displaying a black image where a video should have been playing. I installed the LAV codecs referenced on the Pinballx.com site and problem solved.

Good call, Han!

• Like 1

True. I did it to see how things would run upon uninstalling Shark007 to try to trigger an issue (which it did) and see if reinstalling just LAV would resolve the issue (which it did), and how GameEx performs with just LAV, which seems to work better.

Okay.. maybe stupid question, but with this update GameEx supports videos with alpha channel, like Lagarith etc. ?

That would be a awesome update, especially for theme-makers, if this is true.

Feature Request please! Thanks!

I think you misunderstood me... :( Why so salty?

The Lagarith codec is part of the LAV pack, thats why i am asking, if this codec is supported now by GameEx and if it is, does GameEx support a movie with a alpha channel in it?

thats all :unsure:

I think you misunderstood me... :( Why so salty?

The Lagarith codec is part of the LAV pack, thats why i am asking, if this codec is supported now by GameEx and if it is, does GameEx support a movie with a alpha channel in it?

thats all :unsure:

You mistake being matter-of-fact with being salty. Usually, Tom will note if something as specifically as you asked about is supported when he announces a release. Since he did not, I recommended a feature request.