All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Media player Control Problems

cnells2000

Usually ive been able to fast foward the video by moving the joystick to the right, rewind to the left and down to go to the next clip. Since the update today, the down to change clip doesnt work anymore and when you push right it stutters and then jumps fast forwards way, way faster the the ususal fast forward speed. what could this be?

Tom that worked!!!! U da man! Also.....when I'm playing music while I'm browsing through the games I can hit my arcade button that I set to switch my song to the next and the other button for previous track, but as soon as the screensaver starts, the next track button turns into the previous track button and the previous track button turns into the next track button. When I stop the screensaver and continue browsing thru games, the next\previous buttons return to normal.....weird it doesn't do it during the video stuff....that works now...just during the music in the menus

Wait a second tom....... The joystick down does change the track like its supposed to. That direction is ok now. but the left rewind and right to ffwd is way too fast and then whether you ffwd it all the way to the end or let it play to the end, the video will stay black not switching over to the next and I can't push ESC or anything. I just have to hit Ctrl alt del and log off. It used to skip like 15 secs every jump While holding right or left. Now it jumps like 1 minute forward or backward while holding......crazy

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Oh ok, i see what you mean now. Since upgrading have you gone through the OS and chose things like max performance, max power, never spin down HDD's etc (or atleast after 1hr or something similar)?

Also it might help to know whether you only upgraded, or you did a "true" clean install.

I'm not saying any of this is relevant, but your specs are fine as far as i can see - you shouldn't be experiencing any kind of mishap.

• Like 1

Clean install win10. And it changed back to the medium performance by itself. It always changes it back when I adjust it. I guess it knows..do I need to CHG the INI back to 60 61?

If you set max performance it sticks, it just looks like it goes back to medium, it's a minor bug. Fyi.

As you were... :)

• Like 1

I changed it back to medium and it goes to the next video now....but sometimes it will play like 4-5 videos and freeze still..but I miss that easy ffwd transition it had ya know? So smooth...a little bit fwd at a time. Its going so fast I hold it for 5 secs on a 16 minute video and instantly it's like 3 minutes left. I used to be able to stop on a dime. Can't tell now......

My keyboard works and is fast as well so fast that I can't keep up and also it usually plays for 5 videos then goes dark, freezes and I have to push Control Alt Delete to escape out of the FE or sometimes it just plays one clip then goes dark and freezes. Usually it plays all my clips (which is like 1200) over a cupl days or so and repeats.

OK I Installed The Codecs This Time & The VIdeos Are Playing And FFwding Correctly. But Did I Need To Uninstall Quicktime Codecs & K-Like Mega Codecs? Because I Did. And Now the result is Only Like 10-13 Videos Play then repeats like 5 of those then starts playing new ones but then still repeats 5 or 6 more of the previous when i thought it would have a better randomizer (When I Have 1200 clips ranging from mpeg 2, mp4, and mkv