All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

theme question, sorry draco couldnt locate sub folder..

katuuuz

Just curious,

Is there a way to have a custom background (bak.png) for every page? Like instead of one image covering all emulators, I'd rather have a specific one for say dosbox, different one for psx, etc.

Also clicking emulators from start, I'd like that page that lists emulators to not be the same background as startbak.png

You would have to find or create the image, save it to you theme's media folder, then load Setup Wizard. Go to the Advanced Emulator configuration and select the image from the Custom Background drop-down and click the next arrow to save the change.

• Like 1

Also clicking emulators from start, I'd like that page that lists emulators to not be the same background as startbak.png

While there is functionality to display a specific logo for each selected line in the list, there is no option available to display a specific background.

You may be able to get around this by creating your own theme and using the logo AS the background and stretching it across the entire screen, but I've not tried that.

Sounds easy enough! This is great. Now enabling custom menus won't affect my theme layout, correct? Thanks Draco.

Customer menus only changes how the list is displayed. Basically, the default list is ignored and your custom menu list is what is displayed.

While there is functionality to display a specific logo for each selected line in the list, there is no option available to display a specific background.

You may be able to get around this by creating your owne theme and using the logo AS the background and stretching it across the entire screen, but I've not tried that.

This is a correct statement in that the logos would display for each emulated system with a default backgound for the list of systems proper. By using the custom background selection within the Advanced Emulator settings as previously noted, when you select the system to display the games within, the background image will change to reflect the image selected within the Advanced Emulator setting.

Even with using Custom Menus, you will always have a default landing page for your selections, regardless of whether or not it is for emulators, integrated support items (MAME, Steam, Daphne, etc.), media, and the like. It is only when you go into the actual program that the background changes.

Oh, ok then. Will tool around when i next can. Not interested in logos, just wanted custom backgrounds for every page. Like when I go into emulators list wanted the startbak.png to change. That is too bad will have to go without.

I may have spoken an untruth of sorts about the Emulated Games (I question myself for good reason and waited until I got home to fire up GameEx). My Emulated Games section of my Smoked Glass theme (not running Custom Menus mind you) does not default to Starbak.png but to Emubak.png .

With this in mind, if your theme does not have emubak.ong (and, if you are using foreground images, a corresponding emubak_foreground.png, in addition to EmulatorSelectBak.png and EmulatorSelectBak_foreground.png files), create them and see how that works for you.

So I delved back into my theme last night. Ended up being pleased with the custom menus and am now going that route.. Can I customize sub menus? IE, I select MAME (which I've renamed Arcade) and want to customize the "all games, vertical games, 2-player, etc list. Basically want to replace the word MAME with Arcade on all these entries. If not, how can I bypass this sub menu and go straight from selecting MAME to my game list?

My theme is shaping up! Thanks for all the help guys!

I'm wondering, is there a way to make the text within the selector like scroll if it doesn't fit in the allotted list frame? You know what I mean? Like the cut off- selected title would scroll like a ticker so you can read it all? There are a few longer titles and I want my video snaps to be bigger than what I'd have to set them to if if I make the list field wide enough to compensate for the longer titled games.

One thing I can suggest is playing with the font selection and sizing so you can get more discernable text in the list. Some fonts have better kerning than others and some the type spacing will be closer together.

Thanks for the suggestion Draco. On the font subject, can you add to the font library within gameex?

You can obtain fonts from various sources on the web and, if you are going to share your theme with the community, be sure to package it with your theme within a .zip file. Generally, you install the font by clicking on the font file to install it within windows. It should then show up within the available fonts in the Options within Theme Editor.

Yes I'm keen to how the fonts work, and will definitely share my theme, but I ask because I have fonts installed within windows which dont show up in gameex font select. I.e. Terminal. I'm nowhere near my rig, but will typing the font in manually within the config work? I ask because in the GUI config a lot of my windows fonts aren't selectable within the config wizard

ok, I've abandoned the emulators idea, back to dedicated Mame and Daphne cab-- so therefore I should have my list parameters in a way where I don't need to worry about the font. Did a lot of work on the theme tonight, but have a few loose ends I need help clearing up...

What is the name of the module for the screen you are brought to after returning to GameEx from a 'random' game? Also, what is the name of the module you are taken to after a search is conducted, and after exiting from selected searched game. These should be the last few minor issues I need to work out. I'd like to attach some screens, but hitting print screen and pasting into photoshop gives me just 800x600 pixels of black? Here is the marquee anyway...

post-915-0-31337000-1441937560_thumb.png

Can someone tell me where to edit the screen that pops up after selecting a game (play this game, add to favorites screen)? Don't seem to have a module .ini file for it?

Also, how do you edit the screen that comes up AFTER entering a search query. (search results page).