All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] [Did you doubt it?] Xpadder plugin not working after Windows 10 update

Evilforces

Hi all!!

Today testing Visual Pinball and Future Pinball emulators I've noticed that xppader does not open automatically when launch that emulators.
The plugin is properly configured and enabled in the setup wizard.
Xpadder runs and works fine if I open it manually.
Any suggestions?

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Two things. I noticed today that my xpadder settings got wiped out for some reason but that may not be the issue you're having (I had a hard crash right before that). Try and launch the plugin configuration, if you get an error that the root node is missing then you'll have to delete the settings.xml and relaunch the configuration.

Number two, there's an issue with the repository manager so make sure it's enabled in the Setup Wizard.

If it's #1 let me know, I'll have to look into it and figure out why the plugin is losing it's settings.

Hi Adultery!!

Tryied the plugin configuration and works fine, no problems detected and my configurations are correct.

I know the plugin issue on setup wizard, but I think this bug is fixed now. My plugin is activated correctly.

All is configured correctly, but for some reason It not launch on emulator start (in my case the pinball emulators)

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

I've been playing around with this - Xpadder itself, not your plugin (Adultery) and have noticed that since W10 it will not register properly! Each time you run it, it will act as if it is the first time run :o I'm more than convinced this will have an impact on your plugin!

The best solution i have so far is to change the compatibility:

Right-Click on Xpadder.exe

Choose Properties.

Select the Compatibility Tab.

In this tab find Compatibility Mode.

Put a check/tick in 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'

Choose Windows 7.

Press 'Apply' in bottom right.

Xpadder should now act as normal. Which should in turn make Adultery's plugin work as it should :)

As you are using W10 Evilforces, i am sure this will resolve your issue ;)

• Like 1

Son of a gun, you're right dazzle! I noticed I had to reload my xpadder controller layout file after the upgrade but didn't think anything of it. It seems that my settings stick but after a reboot they're gone again... This is on 8.1 so I think it was a recent Windows update that killed it for me.

• Like 1

I noticed if I open Xpadder manually and enter GameEx it automatically closes Xpadder....

Could be that the reason of my problem?

EDIT: Another curious thing I noticed is that Visual Pinball changes my keyboard distribution now.... I.E. I have assigned the R shift key for the right plunger, if I try to remap this key pressing the R shift key, it don't work, and If I press the key - it shows me another simbol that means that my keyboard is not in spanish distribution inside Visual Pinball....

All was working perfect on Windows 8 before updating Windows 10....

The key assignment thing is sounding more like a VP problem to me...

Although I have seen some unusual behavior regarding Xpadder including what Dazz reported here and my settings disappearing, so I'm not ready to rule out Xpadder yet.

Please do the following for me: Open the plugin configuration. Launch one of your Xpadder profiles by clicking the Xpadder icons. Does your profile load? Are your buttons responsive? This method would be the same as loading your profile from command line, like the GameEx plugin would.

Launch GameEx with Xpadder loaded and minimize it. Is Xpadder still running? Is your profile loaded? If not, shop to the instructions on posting your Xpadder log.

In the Setup Wizard, go to GameEx Online and disable "run in the background". Then try and run GameEx again and see if your profile loads.

It's gonna one of these three things.

No matter what, I need the Xpadder plugin log from GameEx > Plugins > Xpadder before I can even look at this.

It could be that your joystick isn't being detected as a usb device or something but I would need the log to know for sure. If that's the case I'll add an option to disable the joystick check in the next release.

You didn't mention what type of controller you have btw... I'm leaning towards your controller isn't coming up in the system enumeration.

We'll figure this out, I assure you. :)

• Like 1

The key assignment thing is sounding more like a VP problem to me... Solved updating to latest version

Please do the following for me: Open the plugin configuration. Launch one of your Xpadder profiles by clicking the Xpadder icons. Does your profile load? YES Are your buttons responsive? YES This method would be the same as loading your profile from command line, like the GameEx plugin would.

Launch GameEx with Xpadder loaded and minimize it. Is Xpadder still running? NO, it closes automatically at start Is your profile loaded? obviously, NO because Xpadder is closed when GameEx starts.

If not, shop to the instructions on posting your Xpadder log. Attached, and see in that my controller is not pluged in, but it is....

In the Setup Wizard, go to GameEx Online and disable "run in the background". Then try and run GameEx again and see if your profile loads. Do it, and GameEx closes my Xpadder and not load when start Future Pinball or Visual Pinball

No matter what, I need the Xpadder plugin log from GameEx > Plugins > Xpadder before I can even look at this. Ok, attached.

It could be that your joystick isn't being detected as a usb device or something but I would need the log to know for sure. If that's the case I'll add an option to disable the joystick check in the next release. This is my problem, sure... Don't know why, but it seems a Windows 10 problem with my joystick and plugin....

You didn't mention what type of controller you have btw... I'm leaning towards your controller isn't coming up in the system enumeration. I have a Xbox 360 controller, for me the best to play games on PC

We'll figure this out, I assure you. :) Thanks a lot for your help Adultery, as always you are kindly man!!!

xpadder.txt

I have an update coming to address this, but I have to finish another feature in it I'm working on before I can put it out. Hang tight. :)

• Like 1

I have an update coming to address this, but I have to finish another feature in it I'm working on before I can put it out. Hang tight. :)

Thanks Adultery, don't worry and take your time to do it... I can wait, no problem.... And thank you very much your help.

Hi Adultery!!!

For the moment, the plugins is not working on my system.... :(

1 - Updated the plugin via repository manager

2 - Launched setup wizard (and noticed all my plugins were deactivated... I think there is a bug with repository manager update option that deactivates all the plugins)

3 - Configured the Xpadder plugin and selected new option "disable controller enumeration"

3.1 - Tryied to push Xpadder button on my Future Pinball emulator, and Xpadder launch perfect....

4 - Tryied both Future and Visual Pinball inside GameEx with no effect for Xpadder plugin... it doesn't launch...

Attached my log for GameEx and Xpadder plugin....

log.txt

xpadder.txt

Hi Evilforces, I made a boo boo. I was calling the settings file functions before I loaded the file. I ended up moving the init to avoid this in the future. Fixed again. :)

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/15924-plugin-xpadder-plugin/page-1#entry88542

• Like 3

Clean, simple and effective ... It works like a charm . For these things I love this community and all of you .

Adultery, thank you so much for your effort and dedication. You are very important here, and I 'm thankful for it . THANK YOU!!!

NOTE: There is definitely a bug that disables all plugins when you update with Repository Manager some plugins. Need to open a new thread for this on general forum???

• Like 1

No need my friend, Ben fixed it and I tested it. Should be fixed for the next GameEx release. :)

Thanks for the kind words, it's why we do what we do. :)

• Like 2