All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Steam Crashes before Games List can populate

leonrose96

You will want to, however, update to the latest GameEx version. Your log.txt file shows version 14.07 (unless it is an old log.txt file). Current version is 14.35. You can download and install over the top of your current installation. Please report back with an updated log.txt file once you have upgraded to the latest version and confirm that Gameex.exe is set to Run as Administrator as nullPointer has indicated.

Just an FYI, since you have a 64-bit windows installation, your 32-bit applications, including Steam, will appear under C:\Program Files (x86)\ .

• Like 1

Thank you, I will do both (Run as administrator) and (update to 14.35). To be honest I had a lot of trouble finding the download the gameex website wouldn't load for me here in Korea.(I have the 14.35 application now) My arcade machine is at my place of work, and I will get to it first thing in the morning, and attach all the new information if the problem is still present. Thanks for your patience and help.

Upgraded to 14.35, unable to download Steam Wrappers.

Here is my Steam game location C: Program Files(86x)/Steam/steamapps/common

I ran it as an administrator.

I have Shark007 and Windows Codecs installed.

My driver is up to date, and Steam Overlay is enabled.

Below are all the updated files that were requested, and these are new files since my upgrade to 14.35

All my steam games work running both inside and outside of Gameex, just the populating game page in Games/Emulated Games/Steam Games crashes the system.

Anything else I can post. Thank you for all the help.

GameEx.ini

gameex_PC Valve Steam.zip

log.txt

steamdata.ini

EMU_1002.zip

It's probably a long shot, but is it possible the trademark symbol is breaking the list?

AppID_294860

Does your theme font support extended characters?

An easy test would be to download one of the other themes and installing a font pack that may come with it. The Blue Neon theme has an alternate font that should work fine. You can always choose the New Default theme as well.

Ok. First off thank you to everyone for the help. The issue is solved, and it was a crazy one. I uninstalled one game called Battle Blocks theatre and the crashing stopped. I manually searched every game and they all work now, so does the loading screen. Thank you so much for your help and sorry about wasting your time.

I decided to unistall the game and not worry about it. How to I reply that this problem is [Resolved]?

So glad to hear you got this figured out, and what a strange problem indeed! I actually have BattleBlock Theater in my Steam library as well, but I don't currently have it installed. I think I'll try installing it just to see whether the problem duplicates itself on my system as well. It would be a good thing to know just in case. Thanks again for reporting back with your findings!