All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Steam Crashes before Games List can populate

leonrose96

I love my arcade machine, I paid for a lifetime membership. I love the community and I have solved all my problems by myself ..... up until now. I apoligise but help would be appreciated. GameEx crashes when I click the link to my steam games. I can see the list of games starting to scroll in from the left, but it freezes and I am shown the following error log. Please any direction for ideas would be appreciated.

The error log is attached.

Leon's GameEx Error Log.rtf

Here are attachments of my gameex.ini and log.txt files.

Everything works (all emulators, all multimedia options) Only when I click on steam games in the emulator section does the screen freeze while trying to populate the games sliding the list in from the left side it stays frozen at about mid screen then it closes and I get my crash log. I appreciate any help that can be given.

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Here is everything needed. I copied them all after reenabling Overlay. Just to make the problem clear, I never get the ability to load a steam game, it is crashing in the gameex program. Thank you for all your help it is appreciated.

GameEx.ini

log.txt

New Error Log with Sream Overlay Enabled Copied from Gameex Pop up error log.txt

Are you using a touchscreen? If not, please disable this feature. Also, let's try the following:

1. Go to GameEx\DATA folder and delete the following files (don't worry, these should rebuild after you follow these steps):

- EMU_1002.dbcache.ini

- gameex_[PC] Valve Steam.map

2. Click Start | Computer.
3. Go to wherever Steam is installed - usually c:\Program Files or c:\Program Files (x86) for 64-bit Windows.
4. Locate the folder appcache. Right-click on it then left-click Delete.
5. Restart your PC and launch Steam again.
6. Start GameEx and try to run one of the Steam games again.
Let me know if there is any improvement or the same error. Thanks.

Also it would be cool if you could post your Valve Steam.ini Drac mentioned if it still doesn't work.

Also, I activated the search option and show all games option, and the show all games option crashes the system as well. Is it possible my steam game list is too long(63 titles), or a particular game is crashing the list? I just wonder because all steam games work outside of gameex, and none on the other lists in my emulated games section crash. (Nes Games, Snes games, Turbo Graphic 16, and Mame lists all work well)

I have your number of games beat by almost double. GameEx can handle it. Locate your steamdata.ini file from GameEx and attach it. It can be found under \GameEx\DATA\steamdata.ini. . I was unable to find the steam.ini file mentioned by Adultery on my system so might have been a typo.

Sorry, it was late. :)

Yes, it's the steamdata.ini and we should have a look at your gameex_[PC] Valve Steam.map file too.

Thanks, I will try this evening. When I search for the games in Gameex, I can find and run the games. Would maybe a clean install of Gameex clear up the problem? It seems like a strange glitch. I updated to 14.33 and that dint effect the problem.