All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ATTENTION] How to Ask for Help

Draco1962

Hello Everyone! I am pleased to see that we have added many new users to the GameEx and PinballX communities! Welcome to the best emulation frontends bar none!

In order for us to help you with any issues that may arise as you are setting up and adding emulators, please read and follow the steps outlined in the GameEx How to Ask for Help or PinballX How to Ask for Help guides. To expedite your assistance requests, be sure to provide the following information:

- In the Topic Title of your post, indicate your current GameEx/PinballX Version, and, if an emulator issue, the emulator name & version, and the error encountered.

- Detail the error you are encountering and provide copies of your gameex.ini or pinballx.ini, log.txt and, if applicable, your emulator config and runitgame.bat results following the instructions in the How to Ask for Help guides linked above.

- If you require assistance or having problems with the behavior of a theme, please provide the 1.) the name of the theme if you obtained it here and 2.) a copy of the theme.ini file.

- If you are encountering several issues that are not related, please open a separate thread and provide the required information as noted in the steps above. This will help us help you to resolve each issue without something falling through the cracks.

- If you should happen to resolve the issue yourself, please note this in your thread and the steps you took to resolve the error. This helps us as well as someone else that might experience the same error! Play it forward!

Also, we have a GameEx Forums Index and PinballX Sub Forums Index to guide you on where to post what or locate specific areas of information.

Again, welcome to our communities!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would add to this by sharing a very powerful search tip that involves using Google's Site: operator to quickly find past forum posts. The IP Board Search engine is not as intuitive, accurate, or powerful as Google Search. This will be beneficial as you search for answers regarding various issues you may encounter before you ask for help.

To use the Site: operator via Google Search, simply type site:www.gameex.info/forums followed by whatever issue, system, or topic you are seeking additional information within the forums. An example search for map files:

site:www.gameex.info/forums map file returns about 1,490 results and are limited to those that appear within the GameEx forums.

post-5872-0-32053300-1441629026_thumb.pn

Of course, you can pare that down a bilt by adding additional text, such as the system for which you are seeking the map file:

site:www.gameex.info/forums sega saturn map file returns about 141 results and, again, are limited to those that appear within the GameEx forums.

post-5872-0-40214200-1441629290_thumb.pn

Want to search for offerings within the Downloads section as well as the forums? Type site:www.gameex.info map file (removing /forums) and it will display content that appears in the Downloads section as well.

If you want to learn more about using the Google Search's Site: Operator read 25 Killer Combos for Google's Site: Operator.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just a friendly reminder that if you are reporting an issue with GameEx or PinballX, please refer to the first post of this thread and provide us with the required information for us to provide assistance as quickly as possible!

The staff, like you, is mainly comprised of fellow hobbyists. We have "real life" issues to which we must attend like the rest of the world. We want to help, but cleaning up behind someone else's mess or laziness makes helping you more like work and less enjoyable. A few tips to make things easier for all of us:

- Search for a solution first before you post! Search tips are provide here. It is how many of us search for the answers to help you because we can't recall everything we have done before.

- Use the correct forums for your posts and give us as much detail as possible. If you are lazy and don't take the time to try to post in the right place, you lose visibility to your plight and risk having the post deleted. Forum indexes have been created for your reference in the General Forums for GameEx and PinballX.

- Not sure if your content is allowed in these forums, we have rules and guidelines for that.

- Don't send us private messages for support unless we direct you to do so! Troubleshooting via PM your error doesn't help the next person that experiences it.

- Have problems with your GameEx registration? Do not post in the forums. We cannot help you there. Follow the instructions in the Client Area.

Please observe these simple tips and help us keep this hobby as enjoyable as possible for all! Thanks!

• Like 3