All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gauntlet
Gauntlet Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Luigimaker 33,525 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
2 ExedExes 32,303 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
3 wolfman24 24,805 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
4 patrickfx 21,690 patrickfx's Hi-Score Entry
5 millerbrad 15,070 millerbrad's Hi-Score Entry
6 Floyd Turbo 13,340 Floyd Turbo's Hi-Score Entry
7 rtkiii 13,170 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
8 Yung-Jedi 12,375 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
9 garetmax 11,720 garetmax's Hi-Score Entry
10 Cynicaster 8,030 Cynicaster's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 04-25-2019

plus10.jpg

1. GimmeClassics - 5,705 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Gauntlet:

ROMSet: gauntlet
Service Mode: Off
Multiplier: 1
Bonus Adder: None
Game Difficulty: 4 - Moderate
Health Per Coin: 700
Coins to Start: 1
Disable Speech: No

Reduce Text: No

The above are the default internal settings for this title and need not be changed.
*IMPORTANT* You must use revision 14 of the game (Gauntlet [rev 14]) as this version is different to previous versions.
This is a Single Player, Single Credit ONLY Variation! You may freely choose your character. Continues are NOT allowed!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide: :link:
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide: :link:
# general rules for submitting you hi-score: :link:

• Like 1

We pesent to you (albeit a bit late) our GOTM for August:

Gauntlet!

We all know this as a classic game of the eighties on many platforms - i had it on the Atari ST and while great fun as a co-op game, i could never do it on my own! May be because i was a kid, or it really is hard soloing. Either way good luck with this absolute classic folks!

We decided to use "Score" as the leaderboard as it is what Twin Galaxies uses. This keeps it simple and you can also compare your scores to those at TG.

PS: Apologies for the delay this month, all three mods have been busy with RL, we'll try not to all be busy at the same time in future :P

• Like 2

How would guys feel about an extension on this game? Since it was highly voted, and didn't come out till almost half of the month was over. I was thinking about giving it till September 30th, to let everybody have a go. Does that sound fair, or should we keep it at the normal monthly cut off? As it is right now, we only have 19 days to compete, compared to at least 30. What's your call?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

How would guys feel about an extension on this game? Since it was highly voted, and didn't come out till almost half of the month was over. I was thinking about giving it till September 30th, to let everybody have a go. Does that sound fair, or should we keep it at the normal monthly cut off? As it is right now, we only have 19 days to compete, compared to at least 30. What's your call?

Very good call Han !!

this is tough - 5,440

I have only played a test run when this game was part of our monthly poll. It sure looked like a tough game :blink:

I'm glad this is going on a bit longer, after IGBY 2 I needed a break. This game is very tough to do on one credit but then we have 4 characters to pick from. Here's a score.

ExedExes - 19,150

It was a good call indeed to make this GOTM August + September. Nice score Ex! Puts you in 1st place B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bump here... remember we're still playing Gauntlet all this month! Lets see some scores!

Yeah, stop holding out! If you can get past 13K you are doing better than me easily!

If you are not aware, each score you submit count's towards your overall position. What this means is you can easily overtake an "elite" scorer, just by playing more than them!

It's true! Our system is point-based, not position based. So even if you feel you are only average at games, you can still beat our higher gamers simply by participating in as many games as you can ;) Try it! The more games you play the higer rank you will gain. It really is that easy :)

• Like 1

I'm thinking about this months GOTM more and more. Gauntlet is such a huge game. Right now, we're taking each score at face value, whatever class you take. But now I'm thinking "wouldn't it be cool if we had a running tally of the best scores for each class?" Am I just over thinking this? :)

Oh, and consider the bar raised my friend!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Here's a little better score for me on this one.

As the Elf:

STC

I've been trying some different strategies so this score's strategy was to get a black ghost for 8,000 points.

post-8007-0-04372500-1442086310_thumb.jp