All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Pinball X Backglass wrong monitor

osujd

I have my monitors set up 1 Playfield 2 Backglasss 3 DMD in both my pinballx settings and Pinmame. When I load Pinball X the Playfield = Playfield. DMD = Backglass and DMD is nowhere to be found. Has anyone run into this issue before and know how to resolve it?

Please pay attention to where you are posting for assistance with an issue or error! I moved your thread to the General subforum from the FAQs, Guides, & Other Useful Information where there is not as much visibility to address these things.

Please provide us with copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files(Click here for additional information on how to find these files and others that may be required) and we'll be glad to take a look to assist you with your issue. Thanks!

You have to look what is the display numbering in windows. You have to use the same numbering in PinballX and in your backglass server.

Thanks for the reply.....I have now ensured that the B2S settings along with the Windows Screen Identity and the Pinballx all read the same. Monitor 1 is the playfield 1920X1080 monitor 2 is the backglass 1920X1080 and Monitor 3 is the DMD 900X300 now I can no longer see the Backglass or the DMD on either of my other monitors when I start pinball X

post-29438-0-97588500-1438697528_thumb.p

PinballX.ini

B2STableSettings.xml

Try to hit <Alt>+<Tab> to find out where the backglass is hidden. Maybe you will find it that way and you may adjust your settings.

Otherwise check again your B2S-Server Resolution Settings and your Settings in PinballX.

• Like 1

Hitting ALT+Tab will allow me to switch between applications but wont let me switch between the playfield, dmd and backglass. Are you refering to the B2S ScreenRes Editor or the xml I attached "Otherwise check again your B2S-Server Resolution Settings" If not I am not sure where to check this file

yes, I ment the settings in the B2S ScreenRes Editor.

regarding alt+tab: aren't your backglasses set to Exe-Mode? If so they will be handled like separate applications and you may switch between them.

You may change the settings of the backglasses if you start them in VP and right-click on the BG... there you may choose settings.

• Like 1

Hey Osujd,

what I just saw on VPforums.org: please try to set your LED Display X Offset to 1920. In a tutorial there is stated that the DMD offset is referring to the upper left Corner of the Backglass display.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=136

Maybe you give this a try...

Kind regards,

Jannek

OK Osujd,

and here comes another thing you may try. I just looked in my ScreenRes.txt of the B2S Server and saw that for me there all LED Display values at zero. Even if I have a nearly identical setup like yours (3 displays - 1 Playfield 1920x1080, 2 Backglass 1600x900 and 3 DMD 1680x1050). I will attach my settings to this post.

Maybe this will help you.

Kind regads,

Jannek

post-29181-0-39056000-1438895390_thumb.p

ScreenRes.txt

OK, for that issue we need some more Information:

Please tell us which table do you have the Problems with... in which System.

And please provide again:

- PinballX.ini

- the related XML file

- and the PinballX.log file

Thanks!

At the Moment I´m not sure about this, but according to your last uploaded *.ini it seems that there is a naming issue in the XML file. This line looks a little bit strange:

"lastselected=The Adams Family (Williams 1992)The Adams Family (Williams 1992)VisualPinball"

Hey Josh,

first of all: please check if your Table is named the same like stated under "Game Name" in your XML-File: "The Adams Family (Williams 1992).vpt"

By the way: all of my Versions of TAF are called "...Addams..." (with double "d"). Please check again.

Second: are your sure that your TAF table is a VP9.2.1 Table? Within your INI-File I saw that you´re just using VP9.2.1

Maybe you have to use at least VP9.9.0 for the TAF table. So, give it a try and install VP9.9.0 (Minimum) as well.

(but you said that the table is starting properbly directly out of VP, didn´t you? Then it is not because VP990...)

Hmmm, again: first of all check the spelling of your table.

Kind regards,

Jannek