All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Media Company Logos Williams and Zaccaria won't display

scrivy

I have noticed that Williams and Zaccaria Company Logos won't display on the wheel table overlay and even though I have these two png logo files in my PinballX\Media\Company Logos folder. I have checked the png files and they are correct and not blocked in any way and even tried switching them out with new ones and nothing works. My game xml files are correct and the spellings of Williams and Zaccaria all match and are spelled correctly. PinballX - Version 2.02 is what I am running.

Below are two examples. Manufacturer is correct on both and the logos have the exact same file names. Why won't they display and replace the default which is the picture of a "pinball"? For that matter, ratings don't display either. Thanks

<game name="Algar (Williams 1980)">
<description>Algar (Williams 1980)</description>
<manufacturer>Williams</manufacturer>
<year>1980</year>
<type>SS</type>
<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
<hidebackglass>False</hidebackglass>
<enabled>True</enabled>
<rating>0</rating>
</game>

<game name="Circus (Zaccaria 1977)">
<description>Circus (Zaccaria 1977)</description>
<manufacturer>Zaccaria</manufacturer>
<year>1977</year>
<type>EM</type>
<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
<hidebackglass>False</hidebackglass>
<enabled>True</enabled>
<rating>7.2</rating>
</game>

I guess ratings will not work, because it´s out of range?

Regarding the first table - there´s rating ="0" ...therefore it is zero stars. Therefore it is correct that nothing is shown in this case.

Regarding the second tabel - there´s rating ="7.2" ...but the rating field is running from 0 to 5 (stars). Therefore I guess it´s not possible to give 7.2 stars.

By the way: I´m not sure if you may use floating numbers such as "x.2".

Regarding your logos: I´m not sure about this. First thing I would do is to check again the spelling and if there´s maybe an "L" less in the naming of your Williams-Logo-file.

Kind regards,

Jannek

The Williams and Zaccaria logos not displaying is due to a cap on the number of logos that are taken into account.

Try deleting 2 logos with names lower in the alphabet and Williams and Zaccaria will reappear.

This is even the case when not all logos are used in your xml setup.

Delete the ones your not using with any tables.

• Like 3

evilantal - I have had this same problem where about half of my company logos don't show up. Been scratching my head for a long time about it Cleaned out my company logos folder and viola! I owe you a beer or something! :)

It would be nice if PinballX notified in some way about this condition instead of failing silently.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I just noticed if I deleted two unused company logos, I now can see Williams and Zaccaria appearing. This is disappointing because I have added some logos that were missing in the bunch just to make things look more consistent and professional. Obviously there is a maximum limit.

It is a bug, not a missing feature. :D

Expected behavior is that valid company logo files in the correct directory should be loaded and used by PinballX. Observed behavior is that only a limited number are loaded. Any additional are not loaded and silently ignored.