All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball Arcade DX11 backglass

Wwhitney

I'm running Pinball Arcade (the DX11 version) on a 2 screen cab using Rocketlauncher.

Everything is working as it should. All of the individual games are showing up on the Pinballx wheel with the oppropriate art for the wheel, playfield and backglass for each game. Selecting each game launches PBA and the PBA menu automatically navigates to the correct game and launches it. I can play the table and exit back to Pinballx without trouble.

Here's the problem. When PBA starts up, the backglass on the second monitor disappears. If no backglass is setup in the game manager, the default pinballx logo that normally shows up on screen#2 goes black.

If I look in task manager I can see pinballx backglass running, but the screen is black. When PBA is exited, the screens return to normal Pinballx functionality.

Anybody have an idea how to get backglasses to stay on screen 2 during game play?

It happens whether it's static or video. It's definately a conflict between Rocketlauncher and the Pinballx backglass program. As soon as RL starts to execute the backglass disappears. When RL shuts down the backglass shows up again as if nothing happened. It's too bad. RL does a really nice job of launching the PBA tables.

Well, I see that you are getting help at the RL forums, so I'll leave it to them. I haven't worked with RocketLauncher yet.

If nothing else, there might be a lot of superfluous activity that RL is doing behind the scenes that you may not want or need (auto-logging into Steam and looking for updates, etc.). If all you are looking for out of RL is support for TPA then you might just pull only what you need from the module script and create your own mini-launcher to work within PBX. It's just an AutoHotkey script.

If you are looking for something easy, you might try NukeLauncher for TPA. It was built to work within PBX. It doesn't quite work for me, but I only have a handful of tables at the moment.

• Like 1

I found with NukePA and Pinball X to get backglass to work with the dx11 version of TPA you have to run TPA in a window mode..there's only fullscreeen or windows no fullscreenwindows mode yet. Might want to give it a try

Once I did that the backglass animations work just fine.., but renaming dx11 to get it to work breaks the NoEx camera mod ...hopefully NoEx comes up with an alternative work around soon.